A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Quality.                                                                                                                    

attachicon.gifWatercress Gala 2014 022.JPG

Alton MHR 2013

Cor, that's 'andsome that be. Decent single chimney too.

P

post-9751-0-74794100-1442496337_thumb.jpg

2857 is about to depart from Kidderminster for Stourbridge Junction and Birmingham Snow Hill.

Running eleven minutes late, 2857 has been pressed into service to haul the Summer Saturday 1.15 pm Cardiff (General) - Birmingham (Snow Hill) by Cardiff Canton shed due to a lack of more suitable locomotives.

(Actually 2857 is about to set off from Kidderminster for Bridgnorth late afternoon July 2013).

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Had an enjoyable ride in an autocoach for the first ever behind this nice little engine.

attachicon.gifWatercress Gala 2014 004.JPG

Ropley Yard MHR 2013

I hope Tony Wright doesn't mind me using his photo of the Bachmann autocoach.It looks a beauty and should sell well.I 'll need a BR liveried 64xx to pull it.

post-126-0-52959400-1442509784.jpg

Photo courtesy of Tony Wright / BRM.

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

I hope Tony Wright doesn't mind me using his photo of the Bachmann autocoach.It looks a beauty and should sell well.I 'll need a BR liveried 64xx to pull it.

attachicon.gifpost-18225-0-66445800-1442504870_thumb.jpg

Photo courtesy of Tony Wright / BRM.

Can I have a chocolate & cream one please.... using modellers licence of course... I'm not counting the rivets :-)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,

A special treat for tonight - the amazing leaning signalbox of Exminster in its 'will it won't it be preserved' days a few years after closure.  the amzing bit was that it hadn't fallen over as the lean seemed to gradually increase as time went by.  In faded WR 'chocolate & cream' structure colours

post-6859-0-55000300-1442513423_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Well, I'd like to say I've been away doing something interesting.

In fact, I have just spent 10 days without broadband, thanks to a "scheduled upgrade" at the exchange that went horribly wrong. 

Oh, alright, I admit it, I have been in recovery following a driver experience day on the Bluebell

post-25673-0-67243400-1442516678_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Well, I'd like to say I've been away doing something interesting.

In fact, I have just spent 10 days without broadband, thanks to a "scheduled upgrade" at the exchange that went horribly wrong. 

Oh, alright, I admit it, I have been in recovery following a driver experience day on the Bluebell

Looks more like it was it an 'experiencing a driver' day than the other way round.

• RMweb Gold

Anything Bulleid does nothing for me, but I must admit this box had a lot more appeal than the rebuilds I was used to seeing in North Wales. 

You won't like this weekend's photo shoot then. :locomotive:

• RMweb Premium

I've never seen a whole one before, only a rusting hulk at Haworth many years ago. Anything Bulleid does nothing for me, but I must admit this box had a lot more appeal than the rebuilds I was used to seeing in North Wales. Taken on the Corwen extension earlier this year.

What were 'they' doing in North Wales Larry?

O.V. Bulleid.

• RMweb Premium

Bulleids were not the only Spams post-2326-0-84837500-1442578694_thumb.jpg

I hope 'Mac' won't mind this posting. If he does then I shall remove it immediately.

I'd like to see a 'Rebuilt' one of those!

Good afternoon all and just for Larry. attachment=621527:Spam.jpg]

This is the condition most Spams were in by the end of their days in 1967.

Barry Cutup.

post-2326-0-29973900-1442578772.jpg

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1