A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Do you have a date for that picture?  One presumes it is 1955 or 1956, but the position of the lining out is interesting.

No date I am afraid.

Rob.

What a good way to start the day, these "good morning" pics are.

However can I make a plea, unless its set for brownie points, could we have What, when, and where posted.

So ignoramusses like me can get an education. (I'm pleasantly surprised how much I do recognise straight away, but

its a long way short of what it might be).

TONY

• RMweb Gold

Came across these earlier. Unable to give credit to the photographer but very nice images.

Rob.

post-14122-0-00474600-1442061830_thumb.jpg

post-14122-0-14388100-1442061840_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

I did rather like this unorthodox view of 6430, Llangollen, a few years back

It may be un-orthodox, but it's a god-send for modellers, as this is the sort of view most of us see at exhibitions etc.,

In the LNWR's Coal Tank tome, 'Bashers, Gadgets and Mourners', there's not one view of the top of the tanks etc., actually the index is not a lot of use either, or at least everything I want to look up isn't there, though it is to be found in the book, somewhere.

I found this on the internet though..... 

post-6979-0-53173500-1442070214_thumb.jpg

Edited by Penlan
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Should have gone to Specsavers. :jester:

Watch it, Boyo! Easy mistake to make, look you....!

post-14122-0-04246600-1442076904.jpeg

Edited by nhy581
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Running late today as I have been on a pilgrimage - to Swindon.  Where regrettably arguably the best layouts on show were not GWR/WR, weird.

Anyway a bit more infrastructure even if it shows the LMR hasn't got a clue about painting Reading design signals.  For those unable to identify the location it is of course Salop, the signal is Severn Bridge Junction's Down Main splitting Home Signal and it was taken in 1993 when I had a day out visiting Salop 'boxes

post-6859-0-56672800-1442077805_thumb.jpg

• Like 8