A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Oh noooooooooo I've just seen Kernow's ad for 6412; it was on the Seaton Branch in 1963. Resistance is futile.

Phil

Yes, a very nice job by Bachmann.An autocoach to match please.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh noooooooooo I've just seen Kernow's ad for 6412; it was on the Seaton Branch in 1963. Resistance is futile.

Phil

Another excuse to post a photo courtesy of Captain Kernow.BR lined green again.

post-126-0-48220000-1441919883.jpeg

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Another excuse to post a photo courtesy of Captain Kernow.BR lined green again.

attachicon.gifpost-57-0-20183400-1425668582.jpeg

Sadly I am going to have to cover mine in filth (no sniggering) to represent the pics I have of it. I shall try and find a suitable pic to demonstrate.

Like a burke I also forgot to ask Kernow to deliver when SWMBO is away in a weeks time! They have despatched it this morning.....................bu**er; I've had too many 'interesting parcels'the last few weeks :scared:

P

• RMweb Gold

Who remembers those lovely neat linesides from the early 1960s (or was it just a Western thing)?   Clearly defined ballast shoulder, nice neat, and clear, cess path but the grass is a bit long as it's summer 

attachicon.gifBath Road Jcn Slough 1963 .jpg

Nice photo, Mike. I see little Despond in that.

• Like 1

Snap.

attachicon.gif059.JPG

Isn't it a super engine. Your photo must be younger than mine judging by the natural weathering that has taken place on the running plate etc. Imagine if this had not been cleaned off the rest of the engine, as happened after around 1962-3. Prior to the 1960's, lesser engines got cleaned as and when men were available and so the grime tended to eat into the paintwork and got progressively harder to remove. I said a 'proper' livery but it is purely a personal thing as I did not care for green on every ex GWR class it was given.........The 2251's did not suit green and, when it came to the small Prairies, I preferred the originals in green and the large tank variant in black. Now't funnier than folk....  :imsohappy:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

The Rugby starts on Friday 18th Sept. No excuse now.

Indeed..........and I will be glued to the TV for the duration........for once a Canadian TV station is showing every match.......so if I avoid reading the DT I will not have to get up at some god forsaken hour to watch......fortunately all England's pool games are at a civilized time so I can watch them live!

John

• Like 1