A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

But it has been super-detailed; note the separately fitted cab handrails!  (note also both horizontal and vertical rails by the side window, denoting a later series Hall). 

It could be a Bachmann Hall, in which case my guess would be that the One Not-So-Careful Owner became so fed up with the glare of the thick orange lining that he simply stripped the boiler casing right off as a precaution against further migraine attacks.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Pleeeeeasssseeeeee, not at teatime, it will frighten the girls.

Q

Just seen you on the telly pulling Betty 2 from Waverley.60009 Union of South Africa I believe.

edit, corrected number.

Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Quite bad enough, Rob, that you are threatening to whip yours out.  Cattle would be, apart from anything else, illegal. Coal would be, well, smutty?

A girl walked into a bar and asked the barman for a double entendre.

So he gave her one. 

Edited by Edwardian

I have just picked up this stunner of a model described on the famous box shifter second hand website as a 'Bargain'. It only has a missing bogie and con rods etc, and all for less than a ton. Like the Crosti, it's a Railroad model so I cannot complain about no brakes and the pale green......   :whistle:

attachicon.gifWEB Hall bargain.jpg

I tried to find a loco at the West Someset Railway yesterday afternoon but it was hiding from me behind the water tower !

post-20303-0-86363300-1441822303.jpg

• Like 1

I found this one hiding there.

Bit annoyed 'cos I wanted to see it yesterday and having passed my train on the way to Minehead she was parked up at Bishops Lydeard when I returned out of decent camera shot, damn !!!

• RMweb Gold

And on the turntable too Stubs ! Lucky ###### !

Do you mind if I copy them please matey ?

PM me your email and I'll send you the full size ones.

The crew did a full 360° turn, just to demonstrate the turntable.

• Like 3

Just as I'm beginning to plan my own layout and trying to find "stuff" I stumble across these...... Arrrgh! Dilemma...... Broad Gauge or Bavarian....... Don't answer that !

post-20303-0-23615000-1441831912_thumb.jpg

post-20303-0-01708900-1441831998_thumb.jpg

Scratch built from good old brass.

Made about 15 years ago and still need a place to call home :)

• Like 5

Admittedly a difficult choice, bgman

Well the young lady would certainly get my blood up to pressure if she sat on my modelling bench ! And having camped about a quarter of a mile from Neuschwanstein castle and walked up the hill to see this magnificent building my breath was taken away too!

Choices, choices ? My clack valves are starting to work overtime !!!!! :))

I'll ask him next time I see him - at the Hitchin branch of the RCTS, assuming it is the same one.

Chris

I am sorry to have to report that the Stuart Sanders of my acquaintance passed away earlier this week after a heart attack.   RIP.

Chris