A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/1383_1_106181283.html

I notice that it's available in GWR grey too but is that authentic.

They were a Southern design, but also built by Ashford works for bulk orders from the GWR & LMS, not sure about the LNER though. I have a couple in both GWR & LMS grey - they are something different; and the esoteric planking arrangement gives them something of an austere sensibility! 

CoY

P.S - According to Russell in GWR Freight Wagons, 650 of these diagram V35's were built for the GWR by the Southern from 1942 to around 1944, so you've got an excuse to pick up a couple and suitably renumber them!

Edited by County of Yorkshire

• RMweb Gold

Kadees famously work best if body-mounted. That can be tough to arrange with some locos. Bachmann's coupler height disparities are legion, ISTR.

No easy answers here, sadly.

Oh well it's not just me......I guess they will have to be assigned to a semi permanent rake. I run Granby with RR&Co so automatic coupling is must......I spend a lot of time destroying the resale value of my stock by hacking and shimming .......I tried cut down Kadees on the body of the prairies but to no avail

Regards from Vancouver

• RMweb Gold

They were a Southern design, but also built by Ashford works for bulk orders from the GWR & LMS, not sure about the LNER though. I have a couple in both GWR & LMS grey - they are something different; and the esoteric planking arrangement gives them something of an austere sensibility! 

CoY

I'm sure Spams will enlighten me but which of the large or small lettering version is most suitable for a post war scenario.

• RMweb Gold

Here in Vancouver we have a British Butchers Shop  (not the Shoppe we often get over here) who bake Melton Mowbray Pie (I guess we are not in the EEC so the distance from Leicester doesnt matter?) and import delicacies like Branston Pickle..........and sticking to the topic......a huge range of Sausages....Dublin,  Dorking, Epping, Manchester, English Breakfast......the list goes on and on .....but my favourite is also Pork and Leek.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Here in Vancouver we have a British Butchers Shop  (not the Shoppe we often get over here) who bake Melton Mowbray Pie (I guess we are not in the EEC so the distance from Leicester doesnt matter?) and import delicacies like Branston Pickle..........and sticking to the topic......a huge range of Sausages....Dublin,  Dorking, Epping, Manchester, English Breakfast......the list goes on and on .....but my favourite is also Pork and Leek.

Dorking...??? I was brought up there and I've never heard of Dorking sausages. What about you Olddudders?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Dorking...??? I was brought up there and I've never heard of Dorking sausages. What about you Olddudders?

Could be New World licence........they were not particularly memorable!

I did have some excellent pork & leek sausages today, as it happens.

Calm down! Calm down there lah!

Liverpool anyone ?

post-20303-0-98091700-1432741764.jpg

• Like 1