A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

That's Monty's 'double' don't you know old bean. He was practising for a film that was to be made shortly after the war.

I think he is actually thinking about his model railway layout (O Gauge 3 rail Marklin, liberated from Hitler's collection) to distract him from asking why the troops have not had their hair cut......

P

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Olive was later to join the band Sparks as a keyboard player

http://thechapmagazine.co.uk/content/images/mael-young.jpg

Must have been the photo of Hitler that came with Monty's double's layout, that he asked if she would like to come up and see sometime, that gave him/her the idea for the 'look'. 

Great band but not as good as Glen's outfit.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Old Spams must be getting brassed off yet another GWR loco announced and not a Merchant Navvie in sight.   :mosking:

He's laughing though because at least he has quality rtr coaches to run with his engines.

• RMweb Gold

Revamped from the Thomas range with Clarabel to match Mikes Annie in chocolate and cream.

300 pages.Wow !

A proper post tomorrow.

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

And I've always tried to avoid a credit card...

So that's:

Hattons King

Hattons 58/14XX

Kernow 1361 class

Heljan 16XX 1366 class!

Bachmann 64XX

Heljan 47XX

All due by the close of 2016 (on paper!)

Argghh!

Cheers,

CoY

And now a Railmotor too. 

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/92766-news-from-warley-2014/?p=1670313

Looks like I spoke too soon about saving my money. Kernow haven't got the details up on their website yet as I write this, but it must be possible to modify one of these to Edwardian days. Yipee :-)

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Please bear with me as I need time to take in the news on the railmotor.This will be a beautiful model and I need to have a lie down.I have a photo of one entering Brent somewhere.What a great time to be a GWR modeller,if you don't want rtr coaches that is.

Photos of my goodies soon I promise.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to put a bit of a dampener on this otherwise jolly 'you'll never guess which GW loco has been announced at Warley in the last 5 minutes fest', but whilst I was busy not being at Warley this morning, I had occasion to go into the village to post some letters, and took a look at the site of the former signal box. Here are some photos of the sad and desolate scene:

post-57-0-47790000-1416664601.jpg

post-57-0-10256600-1416664615.jpg

post-57-0-59058700-1416664628.jpg

post-57-0-42978200-1416664638.jpg

post-57-0-60115800-1416664650.jpg

post-57-0-28818300-1416664662.jpg

At least the old London-end up platform retaining wall is still there:

post-57-0-29502400-1416664687.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Please bear with me as I need time to take in the news on the railmotor.This will be a beautiful model and I need to have a lie down.I have a photo of one entering Brent somewhere.What a great time to be a GWR modeller,if you don't want rtr coaches that is.

Photos of my goodies soon I promise.

You don't get it, do you? The railmotor announcement was made especially for you Rob, to celebrate 300 pages of ANTB :-)

Edited to clarify.

Edited by Mikkel
  • Like 3