A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

Sadly, even if Ms A walked into this room now and was wearing nowt, 'the duck' would not even tremble as he is proper poorly at the mo. (No need to be sad, lads.......)

P

The new outbreak of bird flu?

You know of course, if it is you will have to be culled along with your near relatives further up the line.

• RMweb Gold

Sadly, even if Ms A walked into this room now and was wearing nowt, 'the duck' would not even tremble as he is proper poorly at the mo. (No need to be sad, lads.......)

P

Get well soon Ducky....

post-14122-0-96893000-1416425785.png

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh, but we are, we are...

I just hope Rob can post some lovely pics to entertain moi whilst I am avoiding being culled. 

P

How many days left until Christmas?  :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Attention - real Brent update...

It is with considerable regret that I have to tell you that the real Brent signal box is now virtually no more - these were the dreadful scenes yesterday afternoon:

attachicon.gifDSC04627.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC04630.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC04633.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC04635.JPG

I hope you saved Rob a souvenir brick CK.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I hope you saved Rob a souvenir brick CK.

I actually enquired about something nicer but unfortunately missed the boat.For it to last 50 years on from the station closure is pretty amazing.Nothing lasts forever but perhaps memories do.

• RMweb Premium

I actually managed to see a vet yesterday and it would seem I have RhinosoreassammoniaN158poxyvirus.

I am advised that humans are not at risk by reading this, however it does take up to 6 weeks (yes 6) to clear up. Now I know there is far worse in the world but .........I've got a bl**dy loft to reorganise after the idiot builders totally messed it up (and nicked my old loft ladder) and dear late Geoff's business needs packing away ready for the new owner, and I can't help. If I were a lion I would roar  loudly. ....and as for Brent Box. Are they daft...loads of people would have bought one of those  bricks, in fact some may have bought enough to build a shed extension. CK, get on to NR Pub*ic Relations Departures and sort em out mate.

Groan.

P.S. The Whipsnade Rhinos are very plastic looking.

Edited by Mallard60022

OK then what work was 1409 doing when at Newton Abbot in lined black out of interest. Hattons/DJ models announcement. My wallet's done a runner.

If you mean H1409 Class 14xx 0-4-2 1470 in BR Lined black with early emblem £99, then I have seen several pictures of 1470 throughout the 1950s at Brixham or Churston. I'll have a look for lined black ones.

BRixham ..... BRent ....quite close really...

• RMweb Gold

Fortunately 14XX were not so common in the hillyparts of the Principality - 64XX were used there (yes, I know ;) ).  Which is just as well in view of the number of Mr Comet's coaches I am hopefully collecting and paying for on Monday next.

PS Anybody wanna by a K's 14XX body and part of the chassis - assembled a good many years ago by my old mate, a certain Mr Karau?

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Geoff would have a giggle about that Mike! He would also be thinking, that bl**dy duck, still can't finish building a coach and has had to buy mine instead....... :rtfm:

Quackish (beak still totally bunged by the way....)

I also think Geoff would approve of tomorrows photo shoot even if it smacks a bit/a lot of cheque book modelling.Will I be forgiven by the ANTB crew ?

• Like 2