A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

What a smashing model of a lovely looking locomotive.

Tree bonne...monsieur. c'est magnifique, non?

Creme de menthe !

Rob

post-14122-0-95989500-1415215290.jpg

• RMweb Premium

In the early 70s I believe you could still find some of these working out of Calais Maritime on 'boat trains'. 

In the past they were used on the 'Arrow' I think as well.

I never liked 'foreign loco's when I were a lad.....how stupid that was. That thing is magnificent.

P

• Like 1

How about this French beast coming under the overbridge on ANTB.Taken from Barry Tens blog here, just look at the detail.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/257/entry-15080-on-foreign-metals/

attachicon.gifblogentry-6720-0-75997400-1415107356.jpeg

A superb model but I suppose it should be with over 550 separate parts and a price of £330 for the base model and £475 for complex sound and smoke effects.

Looks like one of these:

http://www.aandhmodels.co.uk/ree-ex-plm-231-pacific-steam-locomotives-1451-c.asp

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Gulp.Well thank you kind Sir for putting my humble thread on the RMweb homepage under great layouts.In distinguished company too.My word I've gone all wobbley. :imsohappy:

Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Robin, you are far too modest. This is a very fine layout from which you produce some lovely, evocative images.

I for one would be extremely proud to own a layout such as this.

Well deserved.

Hats off to you , kind Sir.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

For anyone wondering about the sausage reference see the Bitton thread!

Also makes a change from rhinos

Not at all. Captain Kernow has been... mentioning... sausages for some considerable time, it appears to be an... interest... of his.

Thankfully  it appears that he has now started reading a slightly obscure dictionary - at least, that's what I think he's doing...

Arsenal

Cockfosters

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice to see the siphon G do well in the wishlist poll in coming second in it's catagory.Just shews I have some clout after all. :jester: Everything I voted for did well but are we surprised.

• Like 2