A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Important announcement possibly of interest to some followers of this thread (Spams need read no further)

I attended a funeral today and have been asked about the disposal of the deceased's layout - in which i will probably have a hand if only to make introductions but possibly to sell on some stuff directly.  It's 00, GWR setting (Exeter St David's) and I believe 1930s - I know the passenger stock is mainly detailed r-t-r, the freight stock includes some kitbuilt (probably quite well knowing the bloke concerned) but I don't know much about the locos as yet.  As it's St david's it might possibly include some Southern stuff - don't really know taht but the chap was working off a 1930s GWR WTT it would seem.

Details in a couple of weeks or so when I know more should anyone express an interest.

• RMweb Gold

Not to worry - you could always join in and restock Treneglos with proper trains :jester:

I've actually seen a Grange on Treneglos in the past.It was brief and blink and you would miss it.I think the cylinders might foul the platforms.

• RMweb Premium

I've actually seen a Grange on Treneglos in the past.It was brief and blink and you would miss it.I think the cylinders might foul the platforms.

I certainly missed it!

(Note to self - decrease platform clearances)

• RMweb Premium

Not to worry - you could always join in and restock Treneglos with proper trains :jester:

I might have to - I'm still trying to locate all the stock boxes. There's definitely another dozen spams somewhere in the house...

• RMweb Gold

The backscene really looks the part, Robin, it just fits so naturally on your layout!

Shall we offer a prize to anyone who can spot where the polytunnels were?!  :jester:

I'm glad you're here CK as I'd like to thank you publically for your help in making this backscene possible.A large drink will be coming your way at the Ricoh show in September.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I'm glad you're here CK as I'd like to thank you publically for your help in making this backscene possible.A large drink will be coming your way at the Ricoh show in September.

Thanks Robin, it was my pleasure, I'm glad it's turned out so well, and I shall look forward to that drink!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Do all those clicking 'Agree' on that post have to buy CK a pint? You nearly caught me, it was close.

(Excellent photos CK - you're very generous with your time to others on here.)

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Do all those clicking 'Agree' on that post have to buy CK a pint? You nearly caught me, it was close.

Ssshhhhhhhh!

I spotted that immediately, I wasn't going to say anything until there were a few more 'Agrees'...!  :jester:

But cheers, Stu, I'll have a Guiness, please.... :P

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I certainly missed it!

(Note to self - decrease platform clearances)

Mike Stationmaster Sir - apparently the above confuddled you - I meant moving the platform edges out on Treneglos to make sure that those wide-cylindered Wessy engines can't get through.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Mike Stationmaster Sir - apparently the above confuddled you - I meant moving the platform edges out on Treneglos to make sure that those wide-cylindered Wessy engines can't get through.

Didn't confuse me at all young Spams - what I couldn't understand was why on earth anyone would want to adjust their platforms to block the movement of proper job engines with lots of shiny brass and copper bits and painted in a proper shade of green.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I might have to - I'm still trying to locate all the stock boxes. There's definitely another dozen spams somewhere in the house...

You didn't notice me breaking in then.......... :stinker:

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

A really enjoyable hour or so spent finishing off the backscene and blending in the scenics.I've tried to match the colours here but they're not perfect.A few seafoam trees needed to add height but this is the state of play at the moment.I used Woodland Scenics foliage mat and coarse turf with a couple of Green Scene scatters on top.

post-126-0-82441600-1405174045_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-83914600-1405174063_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-85912200-1405174083_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-89505400-1405174103_thumb.jpg

More anon.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Those back scenes are excellent. Not seen such good ones since Albion Yard (that uses the same technique(s). PMP had his printed on a single, long sheet. I'd like to do something similar with my future layout but I doubt if my photography will be up to the standard when I visit the area in October.

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Those back scenes are excellent. Not seen such good ones since Albion Yard (that uses the same technique(s). PMP had his printed on a single, long sheet. I'd like to do something similar with my future layout but I doubt if my photography will be up to the standard when I visit the area in October.

Phil

Buy the good Cap'n a drink (or several) and he might assist?