A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Not long after 1947 if I remember and definitely early 50s.It may have been around the same time as they replaced the original bow-sprung bridge with what's still in situ today.I actually prefer the box as I've modelled it to the new brick base version that was installed.

But that's what make it an interesting structure, as I don't think there are many around which survive, but were rebuilt during their operational careers - pity this doesn't seem sufficient justification for listing...

By the way, Robin, the polytunnels still abound, and with the dodgy weather also forecast for today and tomorrow, I don't think I'm going to have any backscene images for you in time for RailEx, sorry. Perhaps the Royal Mail can oblige with the memory stick, in a few weeks?

"Yes.My agent has recommended me to leave RMweb as I'm not appreciated enough."

I found this disturbing quote from Rob on another thread # 4065 http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/2618-football-focus/page-163  :jester:

We will have to organise for some urgent supplies of saffron cake to be sent to Coventry , before Rob does a "Yaya Toure", or follows in the footsteps of another eminent RMWebber by deleting all his posts on this thread, because the thread will make even less  no sense without them.

Edited by cary hill

That's a wonderful gift, I'm jealous... :mad_mini:

(and so is my daughter)

I think it might be the factory weathered edition of the Rhino as the upper body is far too shiny.

If Rob wanted a heavily weathered look he could try for this: http://www.fredhoogervorst.com/photo/03web/ . This poor Rhino looks to have had a really rough shunting life.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

On Sunday I was looking at trains going by on this rather magnificent 0 gauge layout (Holiday Haunts - now in its retirement home)

post-6859-0-80253800-1400769626_thumb.jpg

but equally interesting was the 'object' situated just off one end of the layout, clearly there is no original thought in some parts of RMweb ;)

post-6859-0-87962800-1400769655_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

"Yes.My agent has recommended me to leave RMweb as I'm not appreciated enough."

I found this disturbing quote from Rob on another thread # 4065 http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/2618-football-focus/page-163  :jester:

We will have to organise for some urgent supplies of saffron cake to be sent to Coventry , before Rob does a "Yaya Toure", or follows in the footsteps of another eminent RMWebber by deleting all his posts on this thread, because the thread will make even less  no sense without them.

There are no secrets on here is there.That Toure bloke sounds a bit immature if you ask me.However some saffron cake would still be most welcome. :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Evening Robin,

I think this may have been discussed before on here but I happened to notice that Cambrian are planning to introduce a kit for the P22 Ballast Hopper.  I'm tempted with a few of these to go with my Starfish wagon kits I'm building from the same source.

Looking at references for the Teign Valley line, Trusham Quarries did supply ballast to the GWR and was wondering whether you'd be tempted to build a few of these kits for ANTB?

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

was wondering whether you'd be tempted to build a few of these kits for ANTB?

Cheers,

Mark

One day Mark but there's a long list of jobs that must take priority but you're more than welcome to build some for me to hire. ;) I have a photo of 6829 on a ballast train at Stoneycombe.

• Like 1

On Sunday I was looking at trains going by on this rather magnificent 0 gauge layout (Holiday Haunts - now in its retirement home)

attachicon.gifDSCF7601.jpg

but equally interesting was the 'object' situated just off one end of the layout, clearly there is no original thought in some parts of RMweb ;)

attachicon.gifDSCF7600.jpg[/quote

Hi All,

Blimey Mike - are you following me and the No. 4144 gang about? I was there too! I saw Missy on the platform as well!

The ex GWR shunting rhino shown in your photograph had an interesting history post withdrawal (or not being alive). It was allegedly converted for use as a creature in the 1977 Star Wars film (the understanding was it was as a creature known as a Dewback) before being restored to close to its original configuration.

Funny what you find out isn't it?!

See you all on Sunday! Is there going to be a massed meeting and if so when and where?

All the best,

Castle

Edited by Castle
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

The venue isn't that big so i'm sure we will bump into each other along the way.Looking forward to it but there won't be any rhinos or the sisters present.

• RMweb Gold

There are some rare ex-Mainline items re-heated by Bachmann in that lot that would explain the asking price ..... not......

Even an optimistic use of Ramsey's guide would struggle to get much more than about £40 for that lot.

Edit: I suppose free postage might add another 10% - £44?

Edited by cary hill