A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

In that case we better get back on topic very quickly.

A pair of prairies passing.

attachicon.gifDSCN3412.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN3413.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN3414.jpg

4540 with it's E129 pair of b set.

attachicon.gifDSCN3415.jpg

Gentlemen, Gentlemen, please :-) lol

Did no-one spot the deliberate throw down comment from Robin?

I Quote "A pair of Prairies passing" - surely that should be a brace of Prairies.... OR a Rhino of Prairies?

I wonder what the Finching girls would make of that?

Much apologies, a couple of Hophead Beers  later and its all gone to rack and ruin :-)

post-6981-0-55881500-1400532594.jpg

In that case we better get back on topic very quickly.

A pair of prairies passing.

attachicon.gifDSCN3412.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN3413.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN3414.jpg

4540 with it's E129 pair of b set.

attachicon.gifDSCN3415.jpg

Gentlemen, Gentlemen, please :-) lol

Did no-one spot the deliberate throw down comment from Robin?

I Quote "A pair of Prairies passing" - surely that should be a brace of Prairies.... OR a Rhino of Prairies?

I wonder what the Finching girls would make of that?

Much apologies, a couple of Hophead Beers  later and its all gone to rack and ruin :-)

post-6981-0-55881500-1400532594.jpg

So good its worth posting twice lol

• RMweb Premium

So far today we have had hostas,sausages,toilets and now tripe.It's like a cross between the Chelsea and Good Food show on here.

For the love of the GWR can we have some more prairies now please.

I can do a Pannier (unbuilt)* if that helps?

post-6675-0-53013500-1400535221_thumb.jpg

(*Makes a change to talking rebuilt Bullieds)

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Careful Spams, your new layout craze is turning you over to a darker place where WR loco's are used on the SR. (However, I do like those little Panniers as they have cylinders on the outside. I must seek help about that particular like........)

Yo, ho, ho.......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Then I'd best not mention the tireless effort Steve Fay is currently putting in the get MOK to produce a kit for the Hawksworth 15XX Pannier Tank, in 7mm.

I had already been infected by that thread and had treatment that hasn't worked. Those panniers really are the WR equivalent of the SR USA; they are so chunky looking. However, I'm surprised the WR Authorities allowed a 'shunting locomotive' to have outside Wall charts due to traditional 'Shunter behaviour'; that is the person who is the 'Shunter', not the locomotive. By that I mean whizzy bits of gear to get caught up in (technical description).

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

Careful Spams, your new layout craze is turning you over to a darker place where WR loco's are used on the SR. (However, I do like those little Panniers as they have cylinders on the outside. I must seek help about that particular like........)

Yo, ho, ho.......

Don't worry pirate bloke, that's the end of the WR locos for Pencarrow. I'm actually looking at some of the earlier LSWR locos that were in the area prior to 1948. Keep drinking the rum.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

outside Wall charts                    By that I mean whizzy bits of gear to get caught up in (technical description).

To use a locomotive engineer's terms, then, you mean complicated gesticulating valve gear?

• Like 1

Sausages - I say let them travel in style through Brent in their very own luxurious Corridor Sausage Van with windows.

post-9751-0-28112300-1400600120.jpg

I can just imagine their little pink sausage faces pressed up against the windows as they catch their first and only glimpse of the sea travelling along the Sea-Wall.

Fortunately for Rob this coach appears not to be available in 4mm, although it is in 2mm and 7mm.

Technical info : L.M.S./B.R. 50' Corridor Sausage Van Diagram 2001 (for Palethorpes traffic) Running Nos. 38873-76. Built 1938. Withdrawn 1965-67.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I had already been infected by that thread and had treatment that hasn't worked. Those panniers really are the WR equivalent of the SR USA; they are so chunky looking. However, I'm surprised the WR Authorities allowed a 'shunting locomotive' to have outside Wall charts due to traditional 'Shunter behaviour'; that is the person who is the 'Shunter', not the locomotive. By that I mean whizzy bits of gear to get caught up in (technical description).

P

Would these outside Wall Charts be of an instructional nature?

You know, for the information of the shunters, where to place ones sausage in the formation so to speak.......

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Now I know I've shewn this before but I need your help tonight.Hopefully Mike Stationmaster will give me some lever info at Railex this weekend but I need to ask which of the open windows would the signalman be most likely to be stood.

A. For most scenic embellishment.

Bearing in mind that once fixed he will be seen in lots of photos.

B  Prototypical matter.

Maybe overseeing the branch and will be out of sight in the main.

Any credible thoughts.

post-126-0-19870900-1400605888_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Now I know I've shewn this before but I need your help tonight.Hopefully Mike Stationmaster will give me some lever info at Railex this weekend but I need to ask which of the open windows would the signalman be most likely to be stood.

B  Prototypical matter.

Any credible thoughts.

attachicon.gifBrent SB.jpg

Writing (recording a train movement) at his desk?  Operating the bells and whistles /or levers.

I seem to remember Spams, when he was sensible and still dealing with 4mm, having a pic of a signalman on the steps of a box?

B  Prototypical matter.

Any credible thoughts.

attachicon.gifBrent SB.jpg

I think he could be at either of those two open windows. It will depend on which one is most convenient for bellowing at the drivers and guards of any trains which pass the box incorrectly lamped. 

We could have done with him earlier on in the thread.

What signalman figure are you proposing to use?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Only on ANTB could someone suggest placing one's sausage in the valve gear............

P

In order to avoid such malpractice, the authorities issued a directive that all locos fitted with outside wall charts should display the attached warning Sign. These were placed at strategic locations where persons were most likely to insert their sausage.

As a result, sausage related injuries were reduced by over 50% in the first six months.

Albert Flange-Priser, a junior at the Swindon drawing office and responsible for the design of the sign was awarded a special gold watch by Messrs. Walls and provided with a years supply of best pork snorkers by the company for his services to sausages.

When asked for a response to his award from the local paper, Albert memorably replied,

'Sausage? I just can't get enough!'

Rob

post-14122-0-10145500-1400610780.jpg

• Like 1