A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

Just for you Rob :

attachicon.gifIMAG5637.jpg

Dear Mr 2ManyHostas,

We noted with interest the magnificent photograph of your hosta  with it's succulent ready to eat juicy leaves and wondered if you might be interested in our free hosta maintenance program, if you are going away for the forthcoming Bank Holiday.

Our team could move in quietly and achieve results which you will immediately notice on your return from holiday. We await your urgent reply, as it will take us quite a while to get to your hosta  garden. Do you have any lettuce?

Brian the Snail and Sammy the Slug - Joint Managing Directors - "Hostas 4 Us" - CVxxx xxx (Rob's garden).

P.S. We have a glowing testimonial from Mr.Sweet recommending our services to other keen gardeners.

• RMweb Gold

Dear Lord it is getting worse, I am now hallucinating and it is only 07.57 in the morning and I have not yet hit the Vodka. Arrrhgggggg.

P

You get that when you change from a duck to a sparrow. ;)

• Like 2

Dear Lord it is getting worse, I am now hallucinating and it is only 07.57 in the morning and I have not yet hit the Vodka. Arrrhgggggg.

P

The thread is really beginning to plumb the depps now.

• Like 1

P

Now that the man, who thought he was a duck, that thought it was an eagle, now thinks he's a pirate, surely that should be Rum?

Or perhaps the old pirates trick to give it a little extra kick, Rum laced with gunpowder! (I kid you not, they really did).

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

William Dampier was one of the names chosen for a B1. However it was felt inappropriate by the Board who considered Rum to be a Woman's drink........ :stinker:

"Rum laced with gunpowder! (I kid you not, they really did)".

Blimey, no wonder some of the girls in Plymuff were a bit explosive after a few drinks. However that was many, many years ago before most of you were ******************* :nono: 

Avast behind.

Despite his huge contributions to navigation and natural science, I would have thought the main objection to naming an LNER locomotive after William Dampier would have been the fact that he was born in Somerset!

Oh, and he was occasionally a pirate. :)

• RMweb Gold

Avast behind.

I knew a girl with one of those.

ISTR the entertainer George Melly wrote an autobiography called "Rum, bum and concertina" which he said was the mariner's equivalent of wine, women and song.

• Like 3