A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

A few photos of 1980s rtr.The centenary brake has had new Comet bogies,curtains,roofboards and a few passengers.The other two are my newly acquired Mainline Colletts.I think this shews more than anything the need for some new rtr coaches from the big two manufacturers.

post-126-0-43718800-1399661300_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-87172400-1399661316_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-91082900-1399661329_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

I think this shews more than anything the need for some new rtr coaches from the big two manufacturers

The Centenaries and Colletts have now been in revenue earning service for Airfix, Bachmann, Hornby, Mainline and Replica for more years (30+ years) than than their big brothers were on the G.W.R./BR(WR).

Disgraceful might be too strong a word but certainly a very unfortunate state of affairs.

• RMweb Gold

Disgraceful might be too strong a word but certainly a very unfortunate state of affairs.

Just had a look at ebay and I'm amazed how many centenaries,nearly 50 are on there.Also catching my eye was from our friend Gostude selling these BSL versions.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAWRENCE-SCALE-MODELS-LARRY-GODDARD-BSL-KIT-BUILT-GWR-CENTENARY-COACH-RAKE-x6-na-/331163537609?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4d1ae290c9

I think it was Neal Ball of this parish who wanted/needed the restaurant coach. ;)

• RMweb Gold

Just had a look at ebay and I'm amazed how many centenaries,nearly 50 are on there.Also catching my eye was from our friend Gostude selling these BSL versions.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LAWRENCE-SCALE-MODELS-LARRY-GODDARD-BSL-KIT-BUILT-GWR-CENTENARY-COACH-RAKE-x6-na-/331163537609?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4d1ae290c9

I think it was Neal Ball of this parish who wanted/needed the restaurant coach. ;)

I wonder if Larry knows he's been credited with the build by our fave panto villain

• RMweb Gold

A few photos of 1980s rtr.The centenary brake has had new Comet bogies,curtains,roofboards and a few passengers.The other two are my newly acquired Mainline Colletts.I think this shews more than anything the need for some new rtr coaches from the big two manufacturers.

I agree Rob. Especially the centenaries which have always had a plasticky feel to them. Your improvements help an awful lot though, I think. I especially like the bogies, and those curtains are really nice too. With or without rhinos.

animal-graphics-rhino-941069.gif

I told Larry recently about some of the other things our favourite was advertising in his name, falsely.

If we ever put our house up for sale, I'll advertise it as painted by Larry Goddard.

• Like 1

Derek Lawrence always fitted BSL plastic underframes with BSL aluminium trussrod pressings. The underframes on those coaches look very un-Lawrence! The painting & lining is definitely not mine. Droplights look to have been coloured before fitting, where as Derek always fitted them and I painted them in situ. Finally, they do not carry either Dereks or my name and so the seller is plain untruthful. Ebay and it's wheeler-dealers as usual....!

Edited by coachmann
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I hate to stand even partly upright for this seller, however there is a '?' after the statement.

The coaches look OK in the photo but I'd really need to see them before shelling out any dosh like that......argggghhhhh; but once again, six coaches (if very good) at a reasonable price for kit built. 

Don't forget Castle 5043 east at  about 4p.m. at Dawlish today ladies, gentlemen and Rhinos.........double chimney and proper livery this time :mail:

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Shewing that Phil you'll be giving me an excuse to put Sierd's excellent work up again.Be nice to see 5043 later too.

Had my Springside levers turn up this morning so I have no excuse now to start my signal box lever frame. :O Wish me luck.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to have been absent for a few days, during which ladies were named, and potentially shamed. At least my excuse was I was in the company of a fine lady.

I would have proposed the lady in the carriage be identified as Lady Madrilda Splind (Maddy to her friends).

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

That box thingy is due through again in about 8 minutes.  It was early!!

Have not checked on the Castle yet.

The Castle is on time approaching Hemerdon but might well be early at Dawlish as it only has about 3/4 coaches. I think Real Time Trains has the train weight a little wrong!!!!!

P

Sorry, eight coaches I think!

Edited by Mallard60022
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Shock.Horror.ANTB in five coach train scandal ! Seen leaving the fiddle yard this afternoon.A train comprising five,yes I said 5 Collett coaches. :no:

post-126-0-95439000-1399733650_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-49738800-1399733665_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-38324200-1399733680_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

lovely clean white roof on that front vehicle. Hope you are going to clean up the others to match?

Absolutely not.I'll be weathering it to match the dirty ones.

I've been thinking of installing a webcam like the one at Dawlish and having some sort of automated sequence to run when I'm not around. :jester:

post-126-0-40836600-1399734837_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-57681800-1399734850_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-05542600-1399734863_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-24648600-1399734877_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Sorry [great capture by BR (S)].

post-17625-0-35309500-1399719083_thumb.j

Although I like Westerns, it is completely bland compared to yesterday's loco.......

Ah, that was what we passed at Exeter this morning 0 didn't make much noise when it left (although i was sitting in an HST coach with the windows shut) but it looked to get away very smartly.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Final photo for today shews the train on the up line leaving Tigley Junction behind.

post-126-0-10373700-1399741363_thumb.jpg

Those of a certain age may remember the Jackson-Evans range of cast and etched items.They are still available ,now under a new name and here is the GW fallplate from the range that I use on my tender engines.Easily cut to size with sharp scissors and excellent value for only £1.50 each.

post-126-0-26092900-1399741375_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Ian Is it why you have had your barnet done and your whiskers trimmed, you look real dapper a ladies man as they say. :smoke:

It was said lady who wielded the scissors, then took the pic. Who am I to argue?

Anent Rob's idea of a videocam for when he's out, this sounds like the old (warning - jaded racial stereotype ahead) idea of an Irish video recorder, which recorded programmes you didn't want to see, and played them back while you were out!

• RMweb Gold

Is it really 60 pages ago back in January. :O :Seen earlier on the Dawlish webcam so it must have passed through here. ;)

post-126-0-66361800-1399743936_thumb.jpg

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 18