A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Tonight I've done another coach coupling and they're looking good together with the gangways nearly touching.According to the Comet destructions there were three all thirds [C69] in the rake but I'm bu**ered if I 'm going to build another.My six coach formation will do me as anything longer would look stupid on my layout.Photos tomorrow night with more characters to give names to in the seats. ;)

• RMweb Gold

Tonight I've done the coupling between the two restaurant coaches.H43/H44.The third is the H44 and the first is H43.I've left the brass wire unpainted to give an idea of the application involved.

H44

post-126-0-09234100-1399484454_thumb.jpg

Coupled together.

post-126-0-66158100-1399484477_thumb.jpg

H43 Kitchen end.

post-126-0-89855700-1399484511_thumb.jpg

Ist class dining end.

post-126-0-21789100-1399484556_thumb.jpg

Coachmanns paint job.

post-126-0-51430900-1399484598_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Lovely stock Rob.

P

They're weighty beasts too when all together. :O I wonder if I could get away with running a rake of three with something else as I know they were cascaded to other duties late in their careers.

• RMweb Gold

Mr Trebilcock's witty name was indeed pronounced Trebilco in his native Cornwall. If anyone (well blokes anyway) said hello Mr Treblec*ck, they used to wake up  a few hours later wondering what passing truck had hit them!

I have worked with a Mike Trebilcock (ex army Captain), and who's father Norman Trebilcock is very well known in the Ambulance Service and Fleet Charity; both are known by the name Tre-bill-cock.

http://fleet.org.uk/?p=193

• RMweb Gold

I have worked with a Mike Trebilcock (ex army Captain), and who's father Norman Trebilcock is very well known in the Ambulance Service and Fleet Charity; both are known by the name Tre-bill-cock.

http://fleet.org.uk/?p=193

What is the collective noun for a Tre-bill-cock family group?  cu-bic-cocks?

• RMweb Gold

I suppose this is better than rhino talk.There's been no input from Trains&armour recently either. ;) When my wife was younger she had a cockortoo....

I suppose this is better than rhino talk.There's been no input from Trains&armour recently either. ;) When my wife was younger she had a cockortoo....

Did somebody mention my name?

Lovely coaches Robin, but they do indeed need some passengers. Here, let me help you:

post-13158-0-50395100-1399494435_thumb.jpg

Perhaps some of he other members could help with naming these characters....

• RMweb Gold

I've no idea but it looks like the Rhinos' Cornish Ice Cream dessert course has been used to secure them and is melting rapidly.

Now you're talking.My favourite ice cream flavour. ;)

The lads in the carriage dept are running low on white tac for the carriage roof boards.Will get sorted. :imsohappy:

I remember many trains leaving Plymouth with passengers that looked like that..........

P

OIIIII YOU CAN'T SAY THINGS LIKE THAT, that's MY family you talking about, hahhah.

Come to think of it....................no it cant be my cousin in there surly.

Did somebody mention my name?

Lovely coaches Robin, but they do indeed need some passengers. Here, let me help you:

attachicon.gifpassengers.jpg

Perhaps some of he other members could help with naming these characters....

Well there should be room for at least one lady rhino called Dina(h) in a restaurant dining car. She's looking out the window with her partner Dino (who doesn't favour the Italian pronounciation of his name) at window two.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Premium

Naughty! (but it is your thread ;-p )

• RMweb Gold

Thankfully there were no rhinos to be seen when my ebay purchases turned up today.Not perfect but that's the gamble buying blind so to speak.A bit of work and they'll do nicely.

Coaching stock shortage.What shortage. :jester: 

Incidently we were talking Bachmann Halls last week.These have been brought to my attention today http://www.buffersmodelrailways.com/products/exclusives/locomotives-150

• RMweb Gold

Talking of coaches.A carriage siding somewhere in the West sees a GWR centenary restaurant coach awaiting it's next duty.

Larry Goddard at his best.

post-126-0-35721000-1399575811_thumb.jpg

• Like 14

Thankfully there were no rhinos to be seen when my ebay purchases turned up today.Not perfect but that's the gamble buying blind so to speak.A bit of work and they'll do nicely.

I thought the original mainline coaches came with Rhino's. In fact I'm sure. Why don't you send me a picture of your new purchases and I'll point them out to you....