A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

No problem Chris - I know him and will point him out in the event that I happen to see both you and him at the same time.  Hope the presence of the GWS bunch doesn't mean we'll be short of seats at breakfast time :O 

Your alright there Mike, it will only be 3 or 4 of us in total!

So, looks like we RMWEB types will all get to meet up there - another reason to look forward to the show!

All the best,

Castle

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Myself, CK and a few others will be forming a SWAG contingent on the Sunday.

Look forward to seeing you all there :)

In that case I'm definitely going on the Saturday then. :jester:

Only joking !

• RMweb Gold

Yes Rob, I did get it from Ebay. That's a collett 2251 hiding behind it. It's a Bachmann Kinlet Hall - to my eye there's a downward slope  but I can't see how a loco-specific fault could cause it unless others can confirm they own the same model without a slope. The body seems to be mounted OK

• RMweb Gold

A cruel in close up shot or two of the up station building adorned with travel posters that will also be a real pleasure to do on the down building.The ones I chose here obviously have places close to my heart. ;) An open window adds some life.Brickwork picked out with coloured pencils.

post-126-0-77006600-1398881332_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-58386100-1398881406_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-24721100-1398881425_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Myself, CK and a few others will be forming a SWAG contingent on the Sunday.

Reading this, I thought that RailEx might be a good opportunity to hand over a memory stick with some full size backscene images on it, but I went up there the other day, to see how developed the trees were with regards to getting covered in nice green leaves. They aren't ready by some way yet, but also three of the distant fields are now covered in polytunnels, which don't look very '1930s'. Hopefully they'll be removed in a few weeks and there's always the postal system for the memory stick!

• RMweb Gold

Reading this, I thought that RailEx might be a good opportunity to hand over a memory stick with some full size backscene images on it, but I went up there the other day, to see how developed the trees were with regards to getting covered in nice green leaves. They aren't ready by some way yet, but also three of the distant fields are now covered in polytunnels, which don't look very '1930s'. Hopefully they'll be removed in a few weeks and there's always the postal system for the memory stick!

What a great idea CK.I'm surprised the trees aren't in green leaf down there by now especially with all the wet stuff you've had.I would definitely not want polytunnels thank you ! Handing over a memory stick is a great idea and perhaps someone with a camera can record the proceedings.Thanks again for your help.Railex on Sunday it is then.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

unless others can confirm they own the same model without a slope.

I have Kinlet and Sketty , having a quick look they seem to be level using the top of the

coupling rods as a gauge along the footplate .  I can do any photos at the moment cos the

camera battery is flat . I will do a couple ASAP.

I'd go with 81C's advice and dismantle and check .

Edited by Sidecar Racer

• RMweb Gold

What a great idea CK.I'm surprised the trees aren't in green leaf down there by now especially with all the wet stuff you've had.I would definitely not want polytunnels thank you ! Handing over a memory stick is a great idea and perhaps someone with a camera can record the proceedings.Thanks again for your help.Railex on Sunday it is then.

Will do, Robin, but if the polytunnels are still there just before, it may yet be down to Royal Mail!

The trees concerned are quite high up, but generally, although many trees have nice green leaves on them, not all do, and the overall effect is still quite 'wintery'...

• RMweb Gold

It does make em  jump if it comes out of the blue. Trouble is it will be me has to re-plaster the ceiling

They don't like surprises. Be careful when showing signs of morale, if you get the timing wrong, it could an send out the wrong message. Almost like a sign of rebellion. No, morale, especially laughter, is best displayed in isolation.

Let them think they have the upper hand.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

So, hopefully Rob will forgive a revisit of my Kinlet Hall question.

She and I got acquainted on the kitchen table earlier and here are the results:

Before

post-12721-0-59885800-1398966120_thumb.jpg

After

post-12721-0-56039500-1398966111_thumb.jpg

And I have a bit left over!

post-12721-0-26779600-1398966129_thumb.jpg

I was surprised to find the decoder as it was DCC ready not DCC fitted. The body mounting screws were non-matching suggesting that one had been lost. The body just sat wrong so I used a bit of blu tack to raise the cab end up a bit to get it level and Robert is indeed my father's brother. Thanks for the input everyone!

Edited by colin penfold
  • Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Well done Colin and appears to be more solid than Chelseas back four last night.Give it a good running in and it will be a good buy.Sell the decoder in the classifieds.

• RMweb Gold

Seeing Colin's Hall and all the talk on another thread on Bachmann prices going up made me realise that this was probably the best value £60 I ever spent railway wise.I just wish they would do another livery in it.

The up milk train rounds the curve into my fiddle yard.

post-126-0-20148800-1398970939_thumb.jpg

An older shot with the previous scenics now redone.I must take some new Hall shots.

post-126-0-34899700-1398971095_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

I've just been told the devastating news that I've got to tear up ANTB and start again. :O :cry: :cry: :cry:

WHAT!!!!!!

BLOODY LUFTWAFFE!!!!!

BLUE FLIGHT SCRAMBLE, ANGELS 1 5, BUSTER BUSTER!!!!!

Rob...

• RMweb Gold

WHAT!!!!!!

BLOODY LUFTWAFFE!!!!!

BLUE FLIGHT SCRAMBLE, ANGELS 1 5, BUSTER BUSTER!!!!!

Rob...

Of course I could get Coachmann in to do a 'Greenfield' job on it and get my trackwork redone with wider platforms to suit bigger buildings.Oh God I need a drink just thinking about it.David [Cary Hill] suggests a 72 hour Bank Holiday job would do it.

• RMweb Gold

Come on Rob, you cant make that statement and not explain. Has her indoors dictated a house move? In the immortal words of Eastenders - WHassgoinnonn???

Edited by colin penfold