A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

P.s. We'll be long gone by the time you get up.

I got another six of the pesky b***ards this morning.Obviously had full bellies and were slow to hide.Perhaps the sign should read beware of the snails instead.

post-126-0-14370300-1398499517_thumb.jpg

Interesting member's name here too http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/user/10340-brianthesnail96/ :jester:

Edited by gwrrob
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I got another six of the pesky b***ards this morning.Obviously had full bellies and were slow to hide.Perhaps the sign should read beware of the snails instead.

attachicon.gifDSCN3298.jpg

Interesting member's name here too http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/user/10340-brianthesnail96/ :jester:

Rob, must be slightly warmer in Coventry, my hostas are a little behind the growth of yours. 

• RMweb Gold

I think Phil, [Mallard60022 of this parish] might have forgot I still have a couple of items of rolling stock belonging to him.Here's a reminder of a previously shewn photo.

attachicon.gif

I quite like the angle of this photo scene .So are there any requests whilst I'm at a loose end this weekend.

You know you want to shew your rhino in the wild snaps Chris. :no:

Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Premium

So are there any requests whilst I'm at a loose end this weekend.

You know you want to shew your rhino in the wild snaps Chris. :no:

Requests: finish the lawns off for me please.

Rhino: You know I wouldn't dare...

I got another six of the pesky b***ards this morning.Obviously had full bellies and were slow to hide.

post-9751-0-95075300-1398539292.jpg

Here's a tank with an unusual wheel arrangement 2-10-2 ? a.k.a. the up-gunned Schnell SnailPanzer Mk II and one of several hundred assembling in a suburban Coventry garden for Operation Brine Bucket planned for tonight at 22.00 hours..

We snails would prefer to see City of Truro or Lode Star as they remind us of more peaceful times. 

nb pic is not my creation but fits rather well.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifarmoured-snail.jpg

We snails would prefer to see City of Truro or Lode Star as they remind us of more peaceful times. 

Probably more likely the former as I'm yet to add the detailing bits/correct bogie wheels to the Star.Red or white headlamps. ;) I'm off to see Nick Wood's excellent Much Murkle first thing here http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/SCRS/exhibition.html

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

City class 3440 'City of Truro' rounds the curve with a light load of just a trusty old B set.

post-126-0-04648400-1398603070_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-06963700-1398603088_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-51228600-1398603120_thumb.jpg

Out of stock with headlamps before you criticize me. ;)

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

8750 class pannier 3796 returns to Hackney Sidings with some empty ,well weathered Teign Valley wagons probably destined for their branch later.

post-126-0-76894200-1398605729_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-41675500-1398605747_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Nice pics there Robin, It was good to meet you today at the Sutton Coldfield Show, we were both enthralled with Nick's Much Murkle, and Its always good to put a face to a name from yet another RM Webber.

Your Layout and Nick's Much Murkle, Hintock and Hemyock are all real inspirations.

Thanks all.

• RMweb Gold

Nick's Much Murkle, Hintock and Hemyock are all real inspirations.

Thanks all.

Thanks Andrew and you too.I was particularly impressed with the running quality of Nick's locos especially his Bachmann pannier.Very nice and I think I need another now. ;)

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It's funny how things evolve on here sometimes.Last week Sierd asked me for a photo shewing the down station building canopy.He's working on a drawing for it.The photo taken probably late 50s had pannier 9678 on it too.

Today I saw Nick Wood's excellent Much Murkle in the flesh and was impressed by his Bachmann pannier enough to want another myself.

Searching for images of 9678 I've come across this excellent site.Not seen it before but has 'cough cough' Southern steam too as well as the Teign Valley line including Bovey Tracey where my wagons are based. http://archive-images.co.uk/index.gallery.php?gid=37&ipg=6

Incidently 9678 was also still at NA in '48 too.

So Icould be in the market for a Bachmann GWR liveried 8750 class. ;) As long as it runs like Nick's of course.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

It's funny how things evolve on here sometimes.Last week Sierd asked me for a photo shewing the down station building canopy.He's working on a drawing for it.The photo taken probably late 50s had pannier 9678 on it too.

Today I saw Nick Wood's excellent Much Murkle in the flesh and was impressed by his Bachmann pannier enough to want another myself.

Searching for images of 9678 I've come across this excellent site.Not seen it before but has 'cough cough' Southern steam too as well as the Teign Valley line including Bovey Tracey where my wagons are based. http://archive-images.co.uk/index.gallery.php?gid=37&ipg=6

So Icould be in the market for a Bachmann GWR liveried 8750 class. ;) As long as it runs like Nick's of course.

Nice collection of photos Rob. Page 9 onwards are great.

• RMweb Premium

However, his caption to Axminster Station is a few years out IMO and Cannington Viaduct....? (Callington surely?)

Otherwise a fabulous set of very useful pics.; well found Rob.

You won't have seen the Castle at Dawlish on the webcam  then?

Phil

• Like 1

I know its NOT your thing but I picked up a BR Black late crest 8750 on Friday, pics on Kingsley shortly.

• Like 1

and Cannington Viaduct....? (Callington surely?)

Otherwise a fabulous set of very useful pics.; well found Rob.

You won't have seen the Castle at Dawlish on the webcam  then?

Phil

Could be Cannington Viaduct if it's the viaduct on the Lyme Regis Branch.

Agree that the pics are excellent for buildings and structures even if P9 onwards is mainly of the Dark Side.

• RMweb Gold

Could be Cannington Viaduct if it's the viaduct on the Lyme Regis Branch.

That would be in Dorset when the website is Devon railways in colour. :jester: