A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Compromise and cruel in close up.By using these vacuum pipes they have to be manipulated to miss the tension lock couplings otherwise you'll get derailments but they look to be nice castings from Dave Franks.

post-126-0-28480200-1398083976_thumb.jpg

post-126-0-05135400-1398083995_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Blimey the 150th page. :O

Well as it's a Bank Holiday Monday....

4547 takes it single coach and Hydra down the branch.Inspired by Coachmans Greenfield layout shots through his bridge.I though I'd try something similar.

attachicon.gifDSCN3273.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN3274.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN3275.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN3276.jpg

Yes it does have a tail lamp fitted. ;)

attachicon.gifDSCN3284.jpg

Hi Robin. What make is the lowmac? 

All the best

Jaymes

• RMweb Gold

Yes, excellent.

Yes, Manors and Schools on the same workings; nice.Would very much have liked to have ridden the Cambrian behind those little beauties.

P

I did - the Cambrian behind them (and a 'Dukedog') that is.  The only time I did any part of Reading - Redhill in steam days it was behind one of those Southern 2-6-0s from some part or other of the alphabet, they shared the job with the Western engines.  Since then it has changed several times - the 'tadpole' DEMUs followed by WR diesel mechanical units and now FGW 16X units and the intermediate stations between Wokingham and Guildford are mostly managed by FGW and painted in their colours; very peculiar place at times is the modern railway.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Rob Westerner and 81C, you know I rarely comment on anyone's loco's, however I think the chimneys need to be replaced on these Manors. Having looked at those very nice pics of the G&W Railway  Manor they are deffo in need of treatment. Please take this comment in good humour as it is meant as a positive idea.

Those 'tadpoles' were excellent for a bogcart.  Real engine noise rather than farty DMU sets. Great fun.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Gold

Hi Robin. What make is the lowmac? 

All the best

Jaymes

Lowmac.That's a GWR Hydra young man.Connoisseur models but no longer available in 4mm.

Rob Westerner and 81C, you know I rarely comment on anyone's loco's, however I think the chimneys need to be replaced on these Manors.

Apart from the mention of PDK can anyone think of another chimney casting readily available.

• RMweb Gold

David Geen Kits with the one from the Malcolm Mitchell Manor

Mike Wiltshire

I said readily available Mike and we know what Mr Geen is like for getting reliable sales don't we. ;)

post-126-0-59425200-1398098562_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I said readily available Mike and we know what Mr Geen is like for getting reliable sales don't we. ;)

attachicon.gifDSCN3297.jpg

I have just spent the day at York with him. He picked me up, brought all the coach bits I asked for and dropped me home again. Reliable service!!!!

Mike Wiltshire

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Really nice work there Mark.Of course you're more than welcome to loan me 7802 for ANTB locos roster anytime. ;)

Hopefully once she's been to the repair shop at Newton Abbot Barwell she may be able to make an appearance on ANTB some day-double headed with with a rare Newton allocated Dukedog! :D

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Whats wrong with it Mark as most faults with them are an easy fix.

If you are at the SWAG event I would be happy to have a look at it for you just bring some tools to get it apart. :butcher:

Sadly 7802 developed the early Bachmann split chassis wobble and 'kicks; quite noticeably.  Guess one of the axles has gone out of alignment or the gears have worn.  Hopefully Bachmann will have a new set of wheels for a Manor.

I was due to attend the SWAG do in Taunton exhibiting Juniper Hill.  Sadly due to other commitments I won't be able to make it but Juniper Hill will be in the capable hands of Alex (Wiggoforgold).

Thanks for the offer of looking of it though. ;)

Cheers,

Mark

Apart from the mention of PDK can anyone think of another chimney casting readily available.

Hi Rob,

Not sure where this PDK source came from. The Manor chimneys I have used are turned brass, both early (fat with capuchon) and late (BR concave) produced by DMR Models. These are now, I believe, owned by Pheonix Precision.

Regards,

Andy.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rob,

Not sure where this PDK source came from. The Manor chimneys I have used are turned brass, both early (fat with capuchon) and late (BR concave) produced by DMR Models. These are now, I believe, owned by Pheonix Precision.

Regards,

Andy.

Hi Andy,

I'm the purveyor of unreliable information.   :)

I realised this last night when Robin had found the original post about the Manor chimney's.  Through this I found your suggestion of the DMR chimney.

Having investigated further this morning as you say Phoenix/Precision now own the DMR range so I'm not sure how easy it would be to get a replacement chimney.

Thanks once again Andy for pointing out my error and hopefully that clears things up?

Cheers,

Mark

Edited by 46444

Now the question is do I keep this thread going or take the newly available United job when they offer it to me. :jester: Look at the advantages....

You'd have more luck with Coventry Rob!

So says a smug (now safe) Huddersfield fan!

Now the question is do I keep this thread going or take the newly available United job when they offer it to me. :jester: Look at the advantages....

If you do leave the thread you'll be back in ten months or so,

What'll happen with the rhinos in the meantime is anyone's guess. Look what happened when you went away for a weekend :)

• Like 1

But is your coaching stock higher than Moyes's?

Mind you once you've got the job at United you can buy in as many coaches as you like and finally end the ANTB coaching crisis :jester:

• RMweb Gold

SWMBO is clearly not reading enough GWR West of England Carriage Working Programmes to appreciate the gaps in the available coaching stock.

Nor am I as I don't possess that publication.We make it up as we go along on here.

So how many pairs of shoes does she have?

Good point but I'll let you tell her that or she might use her Jimmy Choo's to good effect on me.