Great British Locomotives

EddieB

Guest spet0114

I just want to get shot of the box of locos in the loft - no sensible offer refused!

Is there a Butler-Henderson in that box?

I notice in the magazine that came with the j39 in the list of models in the series locomotion is back in the list.

It is supposed to be issue no. 41. Time will tell....

I would prefer GNR no 1, but I got a Kitmaster one recently. She needs quite a lot of work and one or two bits are missing/broken, plus a repaint (I have the transfers in stock :) ), so time will pass again. (Wallpaper etc. demands attention at present.........)

The 'Lord Nelson' should appear on the GBL website today.

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 2

I know! 

I've two lists now, one of the remaining few and the other of the many I want to get rid of.

To keep your list tidy, each time one comes out, use this command to lop the current issue off the list and create a new list.

awk '{if (NR!=1) {print}}' currentlist.txt > newlist.txt

You are using Linux????  :jester:

( I know its using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but thats what computers are for! )

• Like 2

It is supposed to be issue no. 41. Time will tell....

I would prefer GNR no 1, but I got a Kitmaster one recently. She needs quite a lot of work and one or two bits are missing/broken, plus a repaint (I have the transfers in stock :) ), so time will pass again. (Wallpaper etc. demands attention at present.........)

The 'Lord Nelson' should appear on the GBL website today.

Lord Nelson is now on the GBL site

....interesting little design point on the Heljan chassis is that the buffer beams are not directly attached to the chassis. Instead they are held / trapped between the side skirting / aprons which themselves plug into the chassis. ....

I've now removed the original sand-coloured side skirts in favour of the chocolate-coloured ones from Howes.

Point to note: the holes on the inside of the skirts as they come are too small to allow the "plugs" on the buffer beams to push in:

post-6879-0-50449500-1434738009_thumb.jpg

so these need to be eased out with a 2mm drill:

post-6879-0-27388700-1434737972_thumb.jpg

Don't drill all the way through the skirt, but just enough for the buffer beam to plug in with no gaps showing:

post-6879-0-23795400-1434738180_thumb.jpg

This is something that can usefully be done on existing Heljan 52s as well.

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 1

So, as it stands:

36  June 24th  County

37  July 8th  Lord Nelson

38  July 22nd  Ivatt 2MT

39  August 5th  A1/A2

40  August 19th  Brush Type 4

41  September 2nd  Locomotion No 1(perhaps)

Edited by Smiffy2
  • Like 2

Just no.39 (source of boiler moulding) and possibly no.40 of interest to me.

Is 38 going to be the tank or tender version? Quite a few possible clone sources (old Hornby-Triang, old Bachmann tank, current Bachmann tender engine)

To keep your list tidy, each time one comes out, use this command to lop the current issue off the list and create a new list.

awk '{if (NR!=1) {print}}' currentlist.txt > newlist.txt

You are using Linux????  :jester:

( I know its using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but thats what computers are for! )

I bet he doesn't get bugs, viruses or people trying to hack in, though.....

• RMweb Premium

Southern livery - yes! :)

Hopefully the legend 'SOUTHERN' and loco number will be printed on and straight, unlike the B.O.B. on which mine had labels stuck on at a jaunty angle with a next to impossible to remove adhesive.

Looking foreward to this one.

• RMweb Premium

@ Smiffy,

You may be less likely to be a target than a Windows user, but you are definitely not immune.

Edited by Nile