Great British Locomotives

EddieB

In somewhat similar vein, Atlas-Editions.de are running a Legendäre E-Lok series of classic European (and US) electric locos in H0:

http://www.atlas-editions.de/collection/ELO/krokodil-lok.html

Though I fear it may be only available in Germany... :(

Actually, if they are doing a DB Br.103, that would be a nice thing to have. Did Roco ever produce one, because at least you could then get the spares to help motorise it.

• RMweb Premium

Actually, if they are doing a DB Br.103, that would be a nice thing to have. Did Roco ever produce one, because at least you could then get the spares to help motorise it.

I think a E03/Br103 is listed on the site as being one of the models.

Personally, I loathe the bulbous devices... :O

• Trade Member

Blue why do you not just buy a Hornby one off evil bay, Unless you are feeling perverse for the trauma of converting one........  :)

Unless you already have the chassis for the conversion.

I got the chassis from my local model shop for a fiver. I had looked at getting him one from ebay but when I saw the chassis for that price I couldn't say no

• Like 2

In somewhat similar vein, Atlas-Editions.de are running a Legendäre E-Lok series of classic European (and US) electric locos in H0:

http://www.atlas-editions.de/collection/ELO/krokodil-lok.html

Though I fear it may be only available in Germany... :(

Now that's the kind of thing I'd be interested in. And idea what they'd be cloning, apart from just about everything that has been available as RTR....?

always frustrating looking at how much better Atlas Editions models are, and normally new models not rehashed scans of old ones. Managed to get some of the French ones on ebay, direct from China.

Just checked on ebay, and some of this German collection are available.

Edited by rue_d_etropal

I've got one on a base, which I've promised to someone else but he hasn't got back to me with an address, and two that have been (mostly) taken off the bases. Happy to negotiate, as it is so small I'm not too fussed about it.

Hi horsetan as per our pms really looking forward to seeing your work in this model.....and to any other modellers working on these please share your efforts. I have the following gbl projects on the go....a2/2 thane of Fife from v2 and a3...SE finecast chassis..Caley 123 with a triang Hornby chassis...need new keeper pick up plate and tender re wheeling....no work will be done on body..just a boyhood nostalgia trip.....t9 into Ben alder with Hornby b12 chassis converted to 440....royal scot awaiting Bachmann scot chassis repainted and renumbered...wasn't going to motorise. But cabbed the real thing at Kidderminster at weekend. Two princesses ...both with Mike edge chassis to make 46200 and 46205.....castle and king spares and chassis frames for os steam pipes and double chimneys...a2 might convert into a2/3.....comet chassis bought for my county with replacement 8f firebox....ivatt to 84xx...chassis already made up....all of these are in addition to a number of projects such as creating a class 103 emu....adding shawplan windows to a silver fox resin dp2...all were put back at the emergence of this series"..........phew...........and now a complete rewire of my layout.....beam me up Scotty....more than happy to show progress or not on these as it happens either here or on my friend rowanjs webpage based on these conversions

• Like 1

For the record the following finished...6240 city of Coventry last red streamliner....poignantly in real life at about the same time as the infamous Luftwaffe attack...Hornby China chassis....Lord Nelson Bachmann chassis...black fives high footplate Caprotti and Stephenson valve gear..comet chassis adapted...belpaire class 4 from compound...class 47 and class 52....Hornby and Lima chassis..the latter with diesel trains replacement motor.

Bought but not worked on yet both std 260 and 264t...28xx...mallard...v2...albeit a replacement resin body

• Like 2

For the record the following finished...6240 city of Coventry last red streamliner....poignantly in real life at about the same time as the infamous Luftwaffe attack...Hornby China chassis....Lord Nelson Bachmann chassis...black fives high footplate Caprotti and Stephenson valve gear..comet chassis adapted...belpaire class 4 from compound...class 47 and class 52....Hornby and Lima chassis..the latter with diesel trains replacement motor.

Bought but not worked on yet both std 260 and 264t...28xx...mallard...v2...albeit a replacement resin body

6240's plates survive on display at Coventry station (I discovered them when attending the RMWeb bash last year).