Great British Locomotives

EddieB

Third time unlucky! :( :(

It's a waste of time trying anywhere other than Asda, as all the other possible suppliers have long since given up.

Anyone want a diplodocus? (Thought not!)

P.S.

Just a thought! Perhaps she's sitting in Tilbury docks right now!

Edited by Il Grifone

Il grifone....is the diplodocus in Brunswick green or crimson lake ....or ....Apple or malachite ....these things matter you know...black with a touch of grey and red we're very prolific in the Jurassic period....

Il grifone....is the diplodocus in Brunswick green or crimson lake ....or ....Apple or malachite ....these things matter you know...black with a touch of grey and red we're very prolific in the Jurassic period....

Unfortunately they're too early for the period I model. The last one being withdrawn just before the timeframe for my layout.

I always thought it was a shame that the example sent to Woodhams scrapyard in Barry wasn't preserved. Very short-sighted in my opinion. Though of course in that period, not many people were interested in saving that survivor. And, of course, there's the well-known example cut-up by "mistake" at Swindon. I don't think it was a mistake at all; management of the period wanted to look forward, not back.

I've heard that with the forthcoming electrification through Box Tunnel, the connection to the strategic reserve will be finally severed. Word has it that any surving members will finally be disposed of under cover of darkness.

Orange!

I don't know how prototypical that is, as they disappeared some time ago (with Noah's flood according to some persons* across the pond).

The famous Gorre and Daphetid layout did have a work stegosaurus however...  (Emma)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorre_%26_Daphetid

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/394557617324418362/

* For want of a better word - insert your own!

(I did try to quote the original post, but something wouldn't let me! :scratchhead: )

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 3

Random three digit numbers are turning up in posts again. :scratchhead:  Some sort of glitch with the forum software?

It appears to be some sort of conflict or glitch with Firefox. It stopped when I reloaded Firefox on the laptop, but still occurs on my desk computer. I'll ignore it, as reloading Firefox is a pain........

I've edited them out!

Now, is it worth a trip to Asda?

Edited by Il Grifone
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Random three digit numbers are turning up in posts again. :scratchhead:  Some sort of glitch with the forum software?

They don't appear on my postings but I've seen them on yours and others posts, however they are now no longer visible to me. I recently cleared my history I don't know if this might have caused them to go.

Just spoken with a very helpful man at wh smiths merry hill dudley...this issue is now showing as arriving on 15th July...the next issue is back to the scheduled date of the 22nd..

Sometimes you can't help going to extremes, and in this case it did prove possible to drill through the marker light mouldings with a view to inserting Dapol light guides behind....

attachicon.gifIMG_20150708_004642_1436312837945.jpg

Eventually, all four marker lights had the drill put through them:

post-6879-0-86550300-1436612841_thumb.jpg

I started with a 0.3mm drill, then rounded off with a 0.8mm bit.

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 2

Orange!

I don't know how prototypical that is, as they disappeared some time ago (with Noah's flood according to some persons* across the pond).

The famous Gorre and Daphetid layout did have a work stegosaurus however...  (Emma)  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorre_%26_Daphetid

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/394557617324418362/

* For want of a better word - insert your own!

Just read the entry for that great model railway...remember being in awe of it in the railway modeller, when it featured....what a sad end to a great modeller and his creation

(I did try to quote the original post, but something wouldn't let me! :scratchhead: )

• RMweb Premium

Don't know how I put the last line in my post....then again life is a constant mystery to me as my family will testify...

I think when you have replied quoting the post, you have typed inside the quoted box, rather than underneath it.  If you are quoting a long post, because you only get a small box to type your reply, it only shows the top of the post - you have to scroll down to the space at the bottom.

HTH

Moxy

Lord Nelson Update.....

Looking around, the best "guess" could be an arrival of 15th July, I.E. Next Wendesday, 7 Days "Down" (late! ;) )

The next issue (Ivatt 2-6-2 Tank) is still apparently due on Wednesday 22nd July, one week after the re-scheduled "LN"...

• RMweb Premium

As with southport my subscription copies of 2 green 4-6-0s arrived today.

• Like 2

Evening all.

Just back from 11 hours at Barnes Fair...

Arrived home to find that the PO had tried to deliver mine but, of course, I was out. So I have to wait until Monday. That's the good news, the bad news is the July 15th date for LN to hit the shops, as I shall be in France from the 14th. So I won't be able to pick up any extras.

I am pleading for swapsies again! I'll put up a list of what's available when I've been up in the loft tomorrow, but that will also include the 2MT and the A1/2 if anybody wants one. Usual terms, straight swap or items of similar value.

Any takers?

ASDA at Frome  still have a County (with  wobbly cab).

@Smiffy2. 

I wasn't  going to bother with the LN, but I could pick one up for you from WHSmith in Warminster, assuming they still keep to their track record of taking a reasonable stock of the GBL issues.

Edited by Theo C. Cupier