Β 

Canadian Freight trains with Locos at front and middle

• RMweb Premium

John:

the bit between Bayview Jcn and Brant St has intense service as a couple of lines come together and then split.

In Mimico, on Islington Avenue South of the Gardner Expwy are the VIA and GO yards, but parking is a bit dodgy. The road runs right over the middle (see Google maps).

Union Station downtown.

There are a couple of yards in Hamilton.

West Toronto Junction around Keele and St Clair was interesting but is being rebuilt and the area is less than salubrious.

For subways, just south of Davisville station is the Belt Line trail which has a bridge over the TTC's original subway yard. None of the others is situated where you can get near them.

Β 

There are a few museums/operating lines in the area ("area" beimg a broad term).Β  Streetcar Museum in Rockwood (due north on Guekph line fo ages).

South Simcoe in Tottenham or Beeton. Other side of Toronto: in Uxbridge (I forget the name).

Β 

http://www.caorm.org/Β Β  is a modelling organization. Website has more info.

Β 

The Hamilton Steam Museum has some RR activities and a big Victorian water pump.

• RMweb Premium

Thank you for the advice and recommendations, much appreciated!! Really looking forward to watching trains over there, just a bit sad I've missed the era of the LRC as that was always a favourite of mine and I'd have loved to take a ride behind one. Ditto the Northlander which I only just missed, hopefully I'll be able to go out to the maritimes using VIA,

Β 

John

Archived