replacement wheels for Marklin coaches

I need replacement wheel sets for 4105, 4204, 4205, any idea where to get them?  can anyone link me to appropriate wheels?

they currently short circuit, and this must be because they are for the Marklin track system not '2 rail' dc?  This is all new to me anyway... i only just realised this problem with the non insulated axle rods... 

Thanks for any help in advance!

Tim

• RMweb Premium

First, have a word with Gaugemaster. If you are really lucky, they'll have what you require in stock. If not, they'll order it for you, but the wait in that case could be quite long.

Second, if Gaugemaster don't have them in stock, have a look on Ebay - but with the search selection set to include European vendors. This will pick up the German suppliers of wheels. If you have found out what the part number is for the wheelset(s) you want, the search is easier.

Hope this helps!

Dave

If you get stuck trying to get the Marklin replacement insulated wheels, you could try these people http://www.modellbahn-radsatz.de/.  They sell many different wheels for HO rolling stock and they are very good quality for a fairly reasonable price. You may need to brush up on your german to negociate their site and lists. As a help you will need wheels for Gleichstrom = DC and check the axle type as they do both pinpoint and shouldered ends.

Best  Ian

cheers for the link ian!

i managed to get 'disc' type wheels for replacing on one coach... just awaiting delivery of some for spoked wheels now...

i never realised about marklin ac and their track system being different!  i'd seen mention of marklin 3 rail / ac etc but never paid any attention to it!!!

best wishes

tim

• 3 years later...

I hyeqar that Gaugemaster is now, again, the UK importer of Marklin and Trix and should, therefore, be participants in the Marklin Wheel Exchange Scheme!

Archived