4mm scale BR oval buffer supplier needed

• RMweb Premium

I'm trying to find a source of BR oval wagon buffers in 4mm scale similar to the one in the pic below. I have tried 51L, Comet and London Road models but none have this buffer in the range, Can anyone suggest another supplier who I can try. I've got some LMS oval coach buffers but they are too spindly to use on a heavy wagon, they just don't look right.

post-6711-0-89857100-1361804394_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

MJT do something close

Hi Big Herb

Thanks for that, I've had a look at their website and it looks like they will do the job. I never thought of looking there, the annoying thing is I've just bought a load of stuff from the same website (Dart Castings) and had I known I could have ordered these at the same time and saved the postage as well as the minimum order requirements.

Once again, many thanks

Ian

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave

Thanks for the additional information, I'll have a look at the website and see what he has to offer. I've ordered some of the MJT ones, but If the ones you have proposed are better I'll get some of them too. I want them for a new kit I'm working on, it isn't a Weltrol, it is the BR Trestrol bogie wagon. I've done all the drawings and I'm about to order the first set of test etches from PPD this week. If it looks promising I'll start a thread for it so members can see what I;m up to.

Once again thanks to you and Big Herb for your help.

Cheers

Ian

Archived