Millers Dale in the 80s - BR Peak Line in N

RBE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Not posted on here in a while but thought I'd pop a pic or two of tonights efforts on. Some cosmetics on a chinese farish 31 Soon to be 31/4. Just hit it with its first shot of halfords primer to show up the defects. There are a few I want to sort but looking ok I reckon!

post-6894-0-22741300-1431556793_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-54868900-1431556817_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Good to see you back Cav. Nice to see you're back modelling again.

Cheers Marcus. I do keep my hand in but I cant make any headway on the layout until I have built my garden workshop. A little frustrating but I will get there.

Morning Cav, you cant beat a nice bright Shed to work in, I was in mine most of yesterday with the door open and in my slippers on my rubber floor, its nice and cosey when its cold as well.

31 looks the muts whatsits matey, well done.

Yes the shed is a definate goer I just need to get the foundations dug out. I dont have a concrete pad to build on so need to dig the whole lot out before I can start. Back breaking work thats going to take a while.

Thanks Jeremy. The old 31 was actually very good shape wise. Just needs a bit of a tweak really. This one will be a blue 31/4. I have a lot of RF grey locos at present but would like a rf 31 later down the line. A skinhead one I think.

Guest bri.s

If ever need a hand to dig a big hole (for the foundation ), I'd be happy to come help dig one lol

A man who likes digging lol

Brian

Haha cheers. For someone who hates digging I find I dig myself into holes all too often!

On a serious note I have to shift about 5 tons of soil in my garden!!

Guest bri.s

Ha that's some soil ,the diggings not the problem it's the where to put it all lol

When I did mine I did about 2 and half ton to level mine for turf but I just took it from back garden to front to level that one out lol

Brian

Hi Can

Good to see you have re surfaced and going to carry on with the layout looking forward to seeing things move on with the project in your new home?

Hugh

Thanks Hugh, not a new home no, Im not planning on moving into the shed!! Haha.

I need to move 5 tons because to meet planning permission I have to set the workshop floor at ground level which means I have to dig down about a foot. My garden is also sloped a little and I have an area of 20ft x 7ftish to dig out. No easy task.