Millers Dale in the 80s - BR Peak Line in N

RBE

Cheers guys. The portion of bridge there is one of 3 which will make up the north viaduct. The south one which will carry the freight loop is a different design and again will be made in 3 sections. The plan is to build the stone supports and arches in place and have the deck removable, at least until the valley is carved. That way I wont be smashing the decks with my fat hands as I cut the lie of the land. Once the deck is in place Ill fix the track on. I may glue the track onto the deck early doors so that I can add and test the track then do a final fix of the deck before ballasting.

Cav

Edited by RBE

Also quick concensus. Im planning on doing the 2 viaducts at the same level as introducing gradients at each end can only mean trouble although the real ones are about 1200mm different in height (about 8mm in N) do you think that would work of should I try to do the differing levels?

It a little odd really as the tracks were the same level either side of the viaducts. The south track just dipped down in that area. I can only assume the platform from 2 to 3 was inclined a little as the trackbeds are not level by the time you get to the station. Pictures dont seem to show that though and the two south platforms now dont exist at the location.

I don't think the chairs/blobs look out of place at all. Real concrete track has clips to hold the rails. It needs something to hold the rail in 2mm scale.

Cav

There was concrete sleepered chaired track as well. I believe the Bluebell used it until recently at Sheffield Park in the platform roads.

There was concrete sleepered chaired track as well. I believe the Bluebell used it until recently at Sheffield Park in the platform roads.

For a mainline in this era it would be far less likely than FB. To be honest FB in woods would be more likely than concrete and BH.

Well today I took delivery of a parcel from shapeways. The HST coach couplers and the HEA version also. They are very strong and Im glad to say work perfectly. More than happy with how they have turned out. Below are some pics of the couplers and how they look on the stock.

Cav

post-6894-0-46264400-1372277645_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-97242200-1372277674_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-25119600-1372277703_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-72289000-1372277729_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-16199400-1372277779_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-08324500-1372277796_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-09615000-1372277813_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-73662400-1372277829_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Those couplings really look the part Cav. Good design work there. As for the viaducts 1200mm equates to about 4 feet which in N gauge equates to about 8mm if my sums are correct. Can't really see anyone really noticing that from a normal viewing distance. Having the two different types of viaduct is more likely to draw the eye to that aspect of it instead. Keep it level if I was you.

Cheers

Marcus.

PS looking forward to seeing 37688 and friend passing over your creation with a rake of ICI hoppers in tow.

Edited by Marcus 37

Ok chaps how many couplers are we talking and what types? Postage is the killer on these so if I can get a stock in then of course prices will be more reasonable.

Cav