Bachmann 0n30 Heislers have arrived in the UK

If any one  has  purchased a Heisler  they may be having a problem with  the lights, apparently some have the  decoder  incorrectly configured, so that when running both  lights front & rear are  illuminated at the same time. Also they will not accept the DIM command.

I have obtained  some CV  values which will enable the lights to function correctly from Soundtraxx:

Re set  the following CVs to the values indiacted:

CV33 = 1,    CV34 = 2  , CV 49 & CV 50 both =129,  CV 39 = 128.

This will make the lights work directionally and enable the  dimming mode to be called up via F9

USE F9 to dim the lights  as F1 is not mapped  for  dimming  ( probably because when the sound module is fitted F1 will be for a sound command)

I know they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!", but someone surely whacked that one with an ugly-stick!

I love heislers, they are cool little locomotives.

But, this model just looks wrong to me for a few reasons:

- The size of the cab compared to the size of the boiler seems out of proportion to me.

- The boiler should have a tapered course between the sand dome and the firebox/steam dome.  I could be wrong, but I don't know of any straight boiler heislers.  

- The cab is wrong.  Heislers had a "one piece" cab/tank, with a door cut out.

Here's a picture to help visualize what the cab should look like:

http://www.gearedsteam.com/heisler/images/white_mtn_central_4-side.jpg

Even with these faults, I'll probably get one and hack away at it...

I am not so  sure ...... there  were  loads  of different  designs  of Heisler  ( dont forget  that  this model is specifically  called a 'Stearns Heisler) There  were apparently  11 different types in the  Heisler range  and  even  a IC version towards the end of the  company's existence.

If you Google  Heisler  there are several sites,  some of which have  photos  which are  quite  close to the  model's apearance

Archived