Pen y Bryn

phil.c

8 hours ago, phil.c said:

Thanks John, it is now decided that I do the photo's  🙂

Phil

41 minutes ago, john dew said:

I am not in the the least surprised!😀

And you can take your time over doing them, re check them several times on your computer before submitting a short list.

That is what I normally do, and with Seven Mills sidings I had about 50 and got that down to a short list of about 20 to finally submit. 

I'm looking forward to seeing and reading the results Phil.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That looks very good indeed, I think that you have the balance spot on there, the place is obviously busy, but not cluttered. 

Those Airfix type telephone poles still look well when given a thoughtful paint job, I have been working on upgrading some for my layout, it's interesting to see how they look in situ. Some very inspiring photos again.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, phil.c said:

Thanks 🙂 The poles are what they are but fit in ok.

I still think that they're much better than the Ratio ones, that aren't particularly round and the insulators look like pine cones. The steps are a little better, but that's all. 

These are Airfix / Dapol with a bit of hacking about and plastic card weather caps.

IMG_20210516_142917.jpg.bc33afe87f24717e97d4838e129af33b.jpg

• Like 4

I remember taking one of those old hand drills to the chipboard when I was about ten to plant the first batch of Airfix telephone poles! 

I even threaded a single line of copper wire between the tops, salvaged from an old speaker winding.

That was a project that ended in disaster at the first high speed derailment! 😆

• Funny 1