CSX NS NJT Trains in New Jersey - Quality Video from 12/2012

Another nice video from the Bound Brook location. We've seen this guy's work before in NJ - he lingers on the stock, hooray!

LoadsaCSX/NS and even a NJT non-revenure train. If, when the trains are actually passing the details look a little blurred just click on the "pause" - the stills are highly legible!

Bound Brook gets a little crowded for my taste, I hope to get down to the secondary at Three Bridges when the weather gets more clement - I'm getting too old...

Enjoy!

Best, Pete.

I'm surprised that no one has commented on the "majestic" quality of the NJT GP40-2!!!!!!!!

Plenty of interesting containers for collectors... Don't forget to click on "pause", the details are rather impressive.

Best, Pete.

I typically see a couple of CSX freights a day while waiting on a platform for the train home. Not NJDOT, but VRE.

Also usually see some NS power once the VRE train is on the Manassas line. Never occurred to me to take pictures or video of any of this stuff. Maybe I should...

Interestingly there is a Maxi-III (48' wells) at about 1:10. We don't often see them up here, but a lot more have failed to get converted into 40s in the US (we see 40s and 53s primarily) so you could happily use a Deluxe Maxi-III for modern day N. There is also a 48' Thrall 5-set at about 1:30 in (Walthers), as well as a bunch of Maxi-Is and Maxi-IVs (both Kato) and some random other cars. Although not in the first train, Twinstacks also show up quite commonly in the US (Deluxe)

The two variations of coil cars in the second train are also available (Walthers and Atlas).

Adrian

I typically see a couple of CSX freights a day while waiting on a platform for the train home. Not NJDOT, but VRE.

Also usually see some NS power once the VRE train is on the Manassas line. Never occurred to me to take pictures or video of any of this stuff. Maybe I should...

Marty, Don't forget that most of the members on here reside outside the 'States. The mundane is often very interesting.....

Best, Pete.

Archived