The Marronerie Tramway

Very nice, I have read the other article regarding Chateauneuf which was also fascinating. 

It is also interesting for me because that layout and this one are both set near the Vienne River which is the river that will run through several modules on my layout (indeed my layout is even in the Haute Vienne Department as is this one, although it is a BIG department). 

Very nice, I have read the other article regarding Chateauneuf which was also fascinating. 

It is also interesting for me because that layout and this one are both set near the Vienne River which is the river that will run through several modules on my layout (indeed my layout is even in the Haute Vienne Department as is this one, although it is a BIG department). 

Glad you like it Stephen, the reason for them both being near the Vienne is that's where I used to live until recently, hence the contacts...

Glad you like it Stephen, the reason for them both being near the Vienne is that's where I used to live until recently, hence the contacts...

It certainly is a nice place to live and to model. It is also quite a rail rich environment. I am considering doing a model of the Haute Vienne Tramway system as a part of this layout. However, it is wrthy of a proper layout on its own. Are you a member of the SNCF Society? 

Hello Stephen,

I'm not a member of the SNCF society myself, but was part of the french club TGV086 which was twinned with the SNCF society. We built 'La Roche Posay' among other layouts.

Regards,

Howard

Hello Stephen,

I'm not a member of the SNCF society myself, but was part of the french club TGV086 which was twinned with the SNCF society. We built 'La Roche Posay' among other layouts.

Regards,

Howard

I saw La Roche Posay at Telford a few years ago and was very impressed. Wasn't it you who persuaded them to try 0 scale? TGV086 is still twinned with the SNCFS though I met the other society from Chatellerault at Warley in November. 

The Marronerie tramway looks excellent.

My house is 22 miles from the Vienne, in the very southernmost tip of the Haute Vienne

Not too far away from this modelled location then.

I saw La Roche Posay at Telford a few years ago and was very impressed. Wasn't it you who persuaded them to try 0 scale? TGV086 is still twinned with the SNCFS though I met the other society from Chatellerault at Warley in November. 

The Marronerie tramway looks excellent.

Yes, back in 2006 at the anniversary. Time has flown. I met the other club at Warley too. An article about their layout is live on MRL

• 2 weeks later...

Archived