Vitrains BB 16500 question

Guest oldlugger

Guest oldlugger

Does anyone know how to remove the body from the chassis of the Vitrains BB 16500 loco? I've followed the vague instructions (releasing the lateral chassis clips) but just can't get the chassis free; the problem being that there is nowhere to safely hold the model without damaging something. It seems to be stuck firmly; an utterly ridiculous concept that can lead to serious damage.

Cheers

Simon

Guest oldlugger

Problem solved eventually! I found a French website that shows how to do it, and the difficulty I found seems to be universal. When attempting to remove the body as suggested on this website, put a small piece of 1mm card in front of the plastic body before you use the screwdriver, to protect the body. The manufacturers don't tell you that it's also necessary to use light force at the front of the chassis. Here is the website with some photos about half way down the page:

http://www.forum-train.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7364

It's a shame that it is so hard to get into the model because other than that, this is a very fine loco indeed, once you've attached the numerous detailing parts (etched brass and plastic). Some prefer the LS Models version of the BB 16500 but there is hardly any difference apart from a huge extra €100. The level of fine detail on the Vitrains loco puts all British rtr overhead electrics in the shade; it comes with ultra fine working pantographs that naturally collect current if you so wish. If you can find one (Vitrains no longer make them) it is highly recommended!

Cheers

Simon

Archived