Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Few more from me.

Somewhere in Cornwall, and in the pouring rain, 37 671 heads light engine to a china clay works

post-11907-0-98479300-1376479356_thumb.jpg

Some time later, 37 671 is seen again, returning with a train of bagged clay

post-11907-0-26867600-1376479378_thumb.jpg

The following two were taken at the same time as the previous one, just with different camera settings

post-11907-0-82371800-1376479396_thumb.jpg

post-11907-0-52402800-1376479412_thumb.jpg

Matt.

• Like 5

This one of a 4-CEP has been popular on my layout thread:

attachicon.gif4-CEP sharpened increase green.jpg

That reminds me a bit of Lovers Walk Depot, Brighton. There is a good view from Dyke Road Drive, which goes over the London Line just North of the Depot.

An unknown location somewhere near Oldham.

'Through the Door'

attachicon.gifThroughDoor.jpg

Richard

Hi Richard.

A very good photo, but "unknown" location?  It says "Heyside" on the sign... ;)

• RMweb Gold

Few more from me.

Somewhere in Cornwall, and in the pouring rain, 37 671 heads light engine to a china clay works

attachicon.gif37 671 in the rain.jpg

Some time later, 37 671 is seen again, returning with a train of bagged clay

attachicon.gif37 671 Tre Pol and Pen (2).JPG

The following two were taken at the same time as the previous one, just with different camera settings

attachicon.gif37 671 Tre Pol and Pen (3).JPG

attachicon.gif37 671 Tre Pol and Pen (4).JPG

Matt.

The first ones convincing but the other three feature a totally unrealistic sky :jester:

Guest CLARENCE

Every now and then I think I should put up some pics of my buildings, then I look back on this topic, and I daren't!

David

Thanks,-it's the eponymous Hills and Dales backscene from Art Printers that so many have used successfully for layouts based the length and breadth of Britain- it really deserves some sort of award for its versatility, and is to my mind , just about the best of the various backscenes that have appeared over the last few years. IIR, he said it was taken along the course of the closed CR main line in Angus, but it translates easily to a lot of locations without turning into that  "Superquick" product that was ubiquitous without ever being relevant.

The photo was taken in direct sunlight, which usually is too strong for any model illustration, but it seemed to work in this instance, but more often an overcast sky can produce enough "scale" light to illuminate a scene adequately for our purposes. As an aside, here is another one I took at the same session.

post-2642-0-41629600-1376609360.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Brilliant!  Shafts of sunlight on a stormy day; how did you light it?

Many thanks, Dave.

100% natural Dave. A moment in time captured by chance with a single shaft of sunlight across the layout. 30 seconds later it had gone. There wasn't even a chance to grab and place a few clay wagons.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A pair of my 'high hood' Norfolk & Western behemoths. EMD SD45 and a very kit bashed Kato / Cannon SD40-2 respectively.

post-299-0-81602700-1376681571_thumb.jpg

My first venture into using oil's for weathering. Kadee PS2 box car.

post-299-0-81581000-1376681874_thumb.jpg

'Pennsy' EMD F7, Burlington Northern F7, both Athearn Genesis.

post-299-0-57947700-1376683121_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gary H
  • Like 16

Nice.

Didn't B.R. transfer a couple of WR Panniers up to Scotland to run a branch line?

I also spotted the Southern Railway Type van in the background, another traveller...

Yes, 1646 and 1649, both looked after at Helmsdale when not at work on the Dornoch branch. SR, and GW ones for that matter, were not uncommon in Scotland. Glorious days......