Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

On 14/04/2024 at 16:14, Northmoor said:

That's a Hornby 47 (and signal) isn't it?  They scrub up amazingly well for what it nearly a 50 year old moulding.

Nope 

its Bachmann class 47/9 and semaphores are scratch built from LMS ratio kits 🔧🔧👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, saxokid said:

Nope 

its Bachmann class 47/9 and semaphores are scratch built from LMS ratio kits 🔧🔧👌

Sorry!   Didn't mean to belittle your work, it's just the front end really looks like my (modified) old Hornby 47.  As for the signal, I clearly need my eyesight tested.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

Sorry!   Didn't mean to belittle your work, it's just the front end really looks like my (modified) old Hornby 47.  As for the signal, I clearly need my eyesight tested.

I only run Bachmann 37,s and 47s with detailing /weathering only Hornby i own is dcc class 08,60 and 56s..

👍👍

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A modern 'might-have-been', had the S&D remained open... a PW worker snapped the rear end of a Class 60 diesel as it is about to emerge from Engine Wood tunnel:

DSCN6616.jpg.a10c197e08effa4fb1818d6c6dd9a16a.jpg

• Like 9
  • Funny 2

D345 what a cool picture I looked several times! I am going to assume its on a preserved line/situation as BR drivers would still be wearing blues or old steam uniform or deep green jackets with a fawnish overall jacket no hi viz for them!  Still a very cool photo.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Another giveaway is the yellow OLE warning stickers, which would have been red while the locos were in BR service.  And I think the yellow thing visible between the handrail and the loco body on the nose could be a hi-viz headlamp.

Loco crews and guards were issued with hi-viz waistcoats in the 70s, but not required to wear them at all times.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Mike 84C said:

D345 what a cool picture I looked several times! I am going to assume its on a preserved line/situation as BR drivers would still be wearing blues or old steam uniform or deep green jackets with a fawnish overall jacket no hi viz for them!  Still a very cool photo.

Many thanks - she is modelled in current day operation and will be on rail tour duties on the layout. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
On 08/05/2024 at 17:32, Fishplate said:

@steve fay Wow. I don't think I've ever seen Bullhead track on concrete blocks with tie bars modelled before. I've only ever seen them once in my railway career on BR lines. Superb modelling.

There was a section in the yard at Ipswich which is the only place I've ever encountered it.

Here’s my interpretation of it, only ballasted at the moment, the layer of mud will be added in due course 

IMG_2421.jpeg.a7c5fa6c4b06cc3b0cca6b453f8297a9.jpeg

Andi

Edited by Dagworth
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5