Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

Just waiting another run down from Guyzance to join the Whittle line out to the ECML ..

I'd rather do it by car.

post-508-0-96776900-1511362356.jpg

Start of the Guyzance to Penzance challenge. (In under 8.5 hours)

P

Ps Discovered the J94 problem.

• Like 4

...bet you didn't try that through the Coquet ford...

Only in severest drought and never, once I got the suspension and brakes sorted to my satisfaction. Other fords yes, as long as the depth was under 12" and not fast flowing.

The hack Mini on the other hand was a different proposition. Once tried to cross a ford that was only 15ft wide but 4 ft deep. 45 mph did not help skim-ability but fortunately the battery was a good-un and once the front wheels had sunk to terra firms the starter motor pulled us out.

My passenger nearly sh*t a brick, seeing all that water cascading over the bonnet and roof. Thats two co-pilots I've nearly killed.

Strange thing is two New Zealander's were found drowned in their camper van a mile or so downstream a few days after.

But meanwhile back in How realistic are your models? thread and a little bit further south some locals cheered the arrival of replenishments.

post-508-0-75770400-1511407800_thumb.jpg

P

• Like 8

...bet you didn't try that through the Coquet ford...

And if you'll allow me one more wander off top.

As you know Mr Axlebox, we breed em ard oop north. With a bit of training we even managed  to coax this heap of  tin  to manage 24".

Ford, fords ford!

post-508-0-04926000-1511445848_thumb.jpg

The GM product was a miserable failure. Although the ingine kept running it couldn't push through the big wave (Clutch Slip) so had to reverse out.

So stick that, along with your wet suit on your BSA Bantam.

P

• Like 4

I've seen them with water over the bonnet and the rear tub full of water and they still climb out the hole.

There you have a point Mr F.

With the Min coming in at between four & five feet high, the Landie has a distinct advantage. Although if beaten by depth, usually there was a nearby footbridge that was wide enough to accommodate the Min. 

With the seven foot depth gauge totally submerged and discretion being the better part of valour I gave up on this crossing!

post-508-0-45052600-1511449797_thumb.jpg

Still waters run deep and all that.

• Like 2

Can you still ford at Rothbury ?

There's a good few in the area. Realistically  the ford at Ford is strictly in Etal, the ford at Ford being replaced by a bridged crossing many moons ago...

https://goo.gl/maps/aL2XWZ41iuN2

Meanwhile back in the How Realistic are your model thread...

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

And if you'll allow me one more wander off top.

As you know Mr Axlebox, we breed em ard oop north. With a bit of training we even managed  to coax this heap of  tin  to manage 24".

Ford, fords ford!

attachicon.gifFordFordsFordGM.jpg

The GM product was a miserable failure. Although the ingine kept running it couldn't push through the big wave (Clutch Slip) so had to reverse out.

So stick that, along with your wet suit on your BSA Bantam.

P

Is that the ford between egton and stape?

• RMweb Gold

That's the one,I have a picture of my metro rally car in it about 1988

We were on holiday up there in 2005 and the ford was flooded and flowing hard there were several people stood either side not daring to go through it

As my MG ZR had quite a high air intake I took a risk and bounced it through at quite a speed soaking a couple of bystanders in the process!