Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

I take it you're referring to the brown one. It's just humbrol enamels. The exposed bits were painted a pale grey onto the original roof colour. The dark colour is a mix of tan and black and  is added afterwards leaving the light bits exposed. I did it this way so that it didn't look like the lighter colour, which is supposed to represent what's underneath, doesn't look like it's on top.. Finally. after letting all that harden for a good 5 days or so, the whole roof gets a thinned down wash of a dark grey/brown mix. This also tones down the black rain strips which, like a car tyre, wouldn't have stayed black for very long.

Hope that helps.

Although north of Edinburgh, Arbroath is still on the ECML, and had much to commend it for variety in the 50/60's, like this meeting of an ex CR 044 tank and an exNBR C16 442 tank - those were the days!

post-21954-0-99180300-1447768623_thumb.jpg

All it needs is a bit of wispy steam, but that's naughty....

• Like 8

Dare I show these?

O2 0-4-4T 30182 pauses outside Newton Broadway with a PMV and Maunsell pull-push set.

O2%20Part%20Weathered%20at%20Newton%20Br

Sepia toned photos from the early 1960s. In the second one, 30182 has been turned and is heading back up the line.

Edit: Damn! I should have taken that rear coupling off it!! :rolleyes:

Edited by SRman
  • Like 14

post-3088-0-13197000-1447982368_thumb.jpg

The 4.25 pm from Weymouth with the 'Grimsby Fish' on the front arriving at Hintock. The van will have been added at Hintock Junction having been worked down in course of the day.

Edited by john flann
  • Like 19