Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

How realistic are your models? Photo challenge.

Pugsley

• RMweb Gold

Hi

I have this one taken in 1957 , on a hot summers day.

Hi Darren01,

Lovely work but the picture in 007.jpg is bugging me! (Excuse the pun!)

The hole in the roof looks flat, 2 dimensionally, (on an sloping apex roof), in the vertical plane.

I (don't - OK do) suffer from a number of optical problems which allow me to see things slightly differently.

Could I ask if the hole in the roof is real or has it been added after the real photo was taken.

Again, no criticism, I'm just trying to 'calibrate' my own sight deficiencies.

Regards,

Kev.

Edited by SHMD

Hi Mac

The figure is from DART CASTINGS, did have to chop him about a bit to get him into the cab, Dave see you this weekend,The hole in the roof is really there, but having the shot out of focus makes it look strange.

Glade some folks like the photos , will put some more up soon with the new layout I have been working on for the last year or so.

Darren01

Edited by darren01
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold

July 1953 - Coronation year. Bury, Thorn & Sons veteran Peckett Jubilee (built 1897 and named in honour of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee) stands in the yard of Thorncliffe works.

post-494-0-01765500-1375023262.jpg

• Like 18

• 2 weeks later...

Some photos "Somewhere near Wrexham"...

DoubleTracRly2modBW_zpsc5b2752d.jpg

(This photo is standard, but changed to "Greyscale" Black and White in Photoshop...)

57XXMOThoppersmod2BWSmoejpg_zpsa057464a.

(This photo is standard, but changed to "Greyscale" Black and White in Photoshop, and with added steam effect...)

57XXMOThoppersBWmod3_zps0e9a78b8.jpg

(This photo is standard, but changed to "Greyscale" Black and White in Photoshop...)

J72BISCHoppers1modcropBW_zps6d5d1738.jpg

57XXBRHoppersmod1BW_zpsd3597037.jpg

57XXmod1BWborder_zps04845643.jpg

(This photo is standard, but changed to "Greyscale" Black and White with a white border and some slight grain effect in Photoshop...)

ToadandBISCHoppers3BWCrop_zps330fae3e.jp

(This photo is standard, but changed to "Greyscale" Black and White, with some slight "Lens Flare" in an attempt to make the tail lamp look lit, in Photoshop...)

57XXHoppersmod1_zps507cc229.jpg

(This photo is standard..)

J72BISCHoppers3nomods_zpse60e387c.jpg

DoubleTracRly2mod_zps99174b6e.jpg

This is my "Photographic Shelf". It is OO Gauge. Featuring mainly Bachmann and Mainline Railways Stock. Graham Farish "Formoway" Flexible Track. Woodland scenics Ballast, with some Shot Blasting compound, older style "grass" scatter (unknown). Acrylic paints, and the good old outdoors lighting!

Edited by Sarahagain
  • Like 15

Kalborough Station part of Arboretum Valley

med_gallery_17883_2760_86467.jpg1334

Teak coaches on the left are behind an A4 Kingfisher. The Hornby Rarebird set has a picture depicting the Kingfisher pulling into Peterborough. Kalborough started out as a loose representation of Peterborough. Along the way the Art Deco station and flavours of Liverpools old Edge Hill Station with tunnels and sandstone cuttings seeped in. 

• Like 6