Boxenby depot

Grimleygrid

After being surrounded by excellent layouts over the weekend, I left DEMU Showcase suitably motivated.

Just before the show closed I managed to visit C&L and get a few bits.

attachicon.gifIMG_8674.jpg

This will be quite a milestone to get started on laying some track, something I have been waiting a long time for.

Now to get the track plan into Templot and printed out to put down on the boards to allow work to begin on the first points.

Hi Alex,

Great to meet yourself and Will over the weekend and I am too now fired up (post DEMU) to crack on with some layout building. There is something very satisfying about building your own trackwork and it will certainly look great once laid.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Edited by cornish trains jez

After being surrounded by excellent layouts over the weekend, I left DEMU Showcase suitably motivated.

Just before the show closed I managed to visit C&L and get a few bits.

attachicon.gifIMG_8674.jpg

This will be quite a milestone to get started on laying some track, something I have been waiting a long time for.

Now to get the track plan into Templot and printed out to put down on the boards to allow work to begin on the first points.

Like you said Alex - Will is going to be busy.....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Alex,

Great to meet yourself and Will over the weekend and I am too now fired up (post DEMU) to crack on with some layout building. There is something very satisfying about building your own trackwork and it will certainly look great once laid.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, it was nice to meet you too. Since DEMU like yourself I have been motivated to get on with my layout. Not sure about that, there is something satisfying about watching others build it for you!!!

Like you said Alex - Will is going to be busy.....

He is, I think they call it a return on your earlier investment!!! Nearly 20 years.....

Before I post an update on Boxenby, I just wanted to share something else.

I was away last weekend for Father's day but on my return I was greeted with this, a joint Father's day and birthday present from my two sons, thanks boys!

42035597595_c56115fe26_c.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

I really cannot wait to see this beast moving inside the shed once Boxenby is finished. Oh and trundling around the depot!

Legomanbiffo sound is incredible, might need a few more....

Cav, hope you like this!

• Like 7

Now that our puppy is settling in, I am going to try and get some modelling done.

First job was to get the main shed moved on to new board number 2 as it was sitting on the depot floor pieces.

42987916981_a89ed143ed_c.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

This meant that I could actually get to the floor pieces to start weathering them!

42987917911_2bde3ec2a2_c.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

This has been a long time coming! I have finally made a start on weathering the depot floor pieces. How many times have I said that I was getting ready to start?!!

Anyway, I have actually started! The first three pieces have been given a coat of dirt. My plan is to get all the floor pieces given the same dirty treatment before moving on to some weathered black/oily grey washes.

29115675768_ea9a5b2f92_c.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

28119690327_3f7565c93f_c.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

I am really pleased to have started on this stage of the project, now that it is underway I am motivated to get this finished. My plan is to get the floor weathered and laid by the end of the summer.

• Like 8

Now that our puppy is settling in, I am going to try and get some modelling done.

First job was to get the main shed moved on to new board number 2 as it was sitting on the depot floor pieces.

42987916981_a89ed143ed_c.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

This meant that I could actually get to the floor pieces to start weathering them!

42987917911_2bde3ec2a2_c.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

This has been a long time coming! I have finally made a start on weathering the depot floor pieces. How many times have I said that I was getting ready to start?!!

Anyway, I have actually started! The first three pieces have been given a coat of dirt. My plan is to get all the floor pieces given the same dirty treatment before moving on to some weathered black/oily grey washes.

29115675768_ea9a5b2f92_c.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

28119690327_3f7565c93f_c.jpgUntitled by AP474, on Flickr

I am really pleased to have started on this stage of the project, now that it is underway I am motivated to get this finished. My plan is to get the floor weathered and laid by the end of the summer.

Well - this IS looking promising - (707 looks the buisiness)

Ian

Yes the 37 is awesome. I miss the days she used to rattle through Outon Road!

Don't worry you will soon be driving her on Boxenby!!

That's some Father's Day present very impressed, and it's great you've started on the floor

David

Yes it is David, I was very, very pleased.

I was beginning to wonder if it would ever get started!

Hi Alex,

The 37 looks great mate! It's great when you start getting some paint on the scenics and your weathering is coming along very nicely.

Best regards,

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy, it has been a long time coming! I do agree, it is nice to finally get cracking on the depot floor. 

It will hopefully make a big difference once the floor pieces have been weathered and in position.

Hi Alex. Nice to see a bit of progress on the depot. I have Biffs sounds in a few of my 37s it really is quite good.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter, it is, I am motivated now to get progress made over the summer. 

Biff's sound chips are superb. The only problem with them is that you want more of them!!!

Well - this IS looking promising - (707 looks the buisiness)

Ian

I do hope so Ian!!

It certainly does, an absolute beast!

• Like 1

Yes it does, I always liked the later built ones that had the orange cant rail stripe.

I plan to model that one, or rather for you to model that one!! Need quite a few 58s I think, especially in Original Railfreight. Perhaps one day I will model all 50....no, that would just be silly and ridiculous....

Might have to have this one with the wrong door fitted!

5590014713_48b22e375f_b.jpg58013 by GBTransportPhotos, on Flickr

• Like 5

Nice photo Peter, Hatfield and Stainforth? Can you remember when the photo was taken?

Thanks Mate correct on the location. The date was 9.6.92.

Cheers Peter.