Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Hi Terry,

Awesome scenery around the TMD, as mentioned above, the earth mound has added an extra dimension.

You have a particular sense of colour/texture with your scenic, and it all works very well indeed. You obviously look carefully at the real thing for inspiration.

Well done, may have to steal a few ideas..............

Jinty ;-)

With all the top stuf on display, I know it sounds trivial, but the earth mound is brilliant. Most natural looking earth I've seen modelled. Chinchilla dust and brown ballast ey? Will have to pay a visit to one of those petfood supermarket type places, in the coming weeks. Brilliant tip Terry!

Dave

Appear's, to have been a "run",on Chinchilla Dust, in the last few day's, will have to buy it in Wholesale.... :drag:

Thanks for sharing your technique  Terry, good to see your back at your best.

• Like 1

Enjoyed the vid. Terry.

You say,you kept knocking your yard lamps' whilst doing the scenery, that's why, I have not placed,the other 15, platform and siding lamp's (approx 25) on DP.

I do now wished i had placed them after but it is better to do scenery work after they are in place. Bit of a tricky one i think.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now decided to move the Turners warehouse from one end of the layout and place it where the ready mix concrete plant is.

I have removed all of the concrete plant and will use some of it elsewhere on the layout. All i need to do is get a fresh piece of MDF 

and cut it into the right shape to fit the corner and re-paint all concrete/tarmac and scenery etc.

Here in the photos i placed the main building onto the existing sheet of wood to see if it would fit in ok and of course look better than

the old concrete plant looked.....so let me know what your thoughts are....all opinions and advice welcome. 

post-17682-0-52814500-1425489595.jpg

post-17682-0-19094500-1425489601.jpg

• Like 12

Nice work Terry.  The revised position of the Turners warehouse looks good.  Standing at the end of a real platform you'd be more likely to see a warehouse rather than a large concrete plant.

Cheers

Yeah that is what i was thinking plus the concrete plant just looked lost in the corner. I think i will be able to make the Turners yard stand out more...fingers crossed.