Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

I just joined this forum but I have watched your you tube videos I find this a real awesome layout a real credit to you

Thank you for the kind comment mate. I am glad you find my layout interesting and want to thank you for your support and for following my progress.

Oh and welcome to the forum too....you will find so many fantastic layouts on here along with some interesting friendly people that are always keen

to help you along your way.

Terry

And some very random photos of the inside of the garage in the turners yard....not sure why...just felt like it.

when you deal with the floating issue....I think people will be fooled into thinking this is real life. Excellent modelling.

when you deal with the floating issue....I think people will be fooled into thinking this is real life. Excellent modelling.

I did not even realize there was a gap until I posted these photos jaz but your right it is something I need to address but there is still lots of work to do around

this general area anyway like finishing off the interior inside the garage etc.

Another job added to the never ending list of jobs to do that seems to get longer by the minute no matter how hard I work on the list lol.

P.S. I really liked the new photos you posted on your thread.

Terry

I received my new laser cut signal box today along with a few lenghts of flexi track and some points.

Hopefully i will get the chance to start on the signal box over the weekend along with attending a wedding on saturday and

my sons birthday party on sunday.

post-17682-0-08010500-1406831349.jpg

post-17682-0-85443600-1406831355.jpg

• Like 3

I managed to get round to building the new laser cut signal box from LCUT over the weekend and WOW what a fantastic looking kit it is 

and for £11.99 a fantastic bargain.

The roof is not glued in place yet as i want to add the interior and lighting to it before the roof goes on.

I have added glass to the inside of the windows and used clear glazing from a wills kit as this is not included in the kit.

All that is needed is a lick of paint.

post-17682-0-26321400-1407173724.jpg

post-17682-0-41283300-1407173731.jpg

post-17682-0-67537400-1407173760.jpg

• Like 8

Ok so i managed to get home early from work today and decided to spend a few hours painting the new signal box.

The red brick work is pretty much done now and still have a few more washes to add to the roof, window frames, steps and the 

foot walk around the box and then add interior and lighting then fix roof on and hopefully it will be ready to plant to the layout.

post-17682-0-14342000-1407174363.jpg

post-17682-0-10313400-1407174369.jpg

post-17682-0-90399500-1407174376.jpg

post-17682-0-19054100-1407174385.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

That Signalbox kit is looking nice mate. Pardon my ignorance but which railway company is it? I can spot an L&Y or Furness box at 100 yards but other than that I am lost.

Buffer stops look nice but have you thought about cutting the two pips off the face of them as they stand out a bit. If they are glued together, trimming them back flush shouldn't affect the strength of them. If you want to go a fair bit further, you can also cut off the bits used to mount them onto Peco track too. As they are designed for use with code 100 and I imagine are to be glued down anyway, the mounting bits are surplus to requirements. I did so with mine and it didn't take long; only two left on the layout now though as I replaced them with Lanarkshire ones (still have the Peco ones if you want them, already 'upgraded').