DCCmad

Hi all

Me and my Granddad (Barry) are building a new layout.

It incorporates:

•  Two track mainline
  • Island platform station
  • Lafarge cement terminal

Layout Name: N/A

Track: Peco Fine-scale code 75  

Size : 3m - 2m / 9ft - 6ft

It's a roundy  roundy and will be for exhibitions. Primarily built because we have a model of the Lafarge class 20168 which is used at the Hope cement works as a shunting locomotive.

post-12651-0-31069300-1356881443_thumb.jpg

post-12651-0-93816900-1356881446_thumb.jpg

post-12651-0-05002900-1356881452_thumb.jpg

keep watching for more updates

Thanks Connor & Barry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all, just to let you all know the layout is still going a head but we are just planning the next phase, this will be to start fitting point motors and wiring it all up into blocks, hopefully we can get the track wired up in the next month so we can get some videos of operation of the layout to show you.

Thanks Connor 

• 2 months later...

Hi, is there any news on this? looks like a layout with great promise!

Are you using DC or DCC? Will the points be "remotely" operated?

Thanks,

Matt

Looks to me as if there are Peco point motors already installed and I suspect that it is also live frog. Given the OP's moniker, I would guess remote operation too!

Hi, is there any news on this? looks like a layout with great promise!

Are you using DC or DCC? Will the points be "remotely" operated?

Thanks,

Matt

Looks to me as if there are Peco point motors already installed and I suspect that it is also live frog. Given the OP's moniker, I would guess remote operation too!

Thanks guys,

the layout is still going ahead but due to my granddads health these past few months its grinded to a stop, my granddad is going to be working on a bit of scenery around the station area in the next few weeks and ill try and get some update pics.

The layout will be DCC and the point motors are standard Peco and will be operated from a control panel from the operating area.

Thanks Connor 

Thanks guys,

the layout is still going ahead but due to my granddads health these past few months its grinded to a stop, my granddad is going to be working on a bit of scenery around the station area in the next few weeks and ill try and get some update pics.

The layout will be DCC and the point motors are standard Peco and will be operated from a control panel from the operating area.

Thanks Connor

Hope your grandad's health improves soon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

Well its been along time since we started the layout and for various reasons we have ended up leaving it as a standing project for a few months. But now we have got the time since i left school in June and my granddads health has improved we have been able to pick up from where we left it.

Jobs this week.

• Track work - finished. 
  • Point motors - fitted and finished.
  • wiring - 80% complete.  

We was also able to get a train running today finally, so i hope i can get some video or photos uploaded some time soon.

Thanks Connor :)

Great to hear you're making progress, look forward to the pictures!

Thanks MattWallace :)

The layout wiring takes longer than i was hoping but slow and steady wins the race or in this case wins the best result! so ive not been able to get any pictures this week but im hoping to get some later in the week but im not to sure with how much ive got planned so far,

Hi all,

Finally got the power to all tracks working today and ive finally got them long awaited pictures....

post-12651-0-73807400-1377290044_thumb.jpg

The 2 BR 56's are old Hornby or Mainline and we are going to be respraying them one into Colas and the other into what ever pops to mind. 

post-12651-0-02117100-1377290054_thumb.jpg

post-12651-0-95050600-1377290142_thumb.jpg

post-12651-0-83851300-1377290194_thumb.jpg

The NCE controller. 

post-12651-0-68873300-1377290080_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just to update you on things, last Thursday we took up the  2nd road into the cement works and pulled it towards the 1st leaving a smaller gap between the 2 lines,this has also meant i will need to put the new wires into track supply again.

We was also looking at our fiddly yard the other day and there seems to be a problem, we put a small amount of rolling stock on and there is no room to get much more on so now we are looking at adding an extension piece on, ill try get a plan and upload it here,

Connor :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived