East West rail, Bletchley to oxford line

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

After a comment in Big jim's thread, I had a look at what was around this week. Seems there is something coming down from Derby RTC, on RTT pathed as a loco, but running as 2Z01 rather than a 0Zxx. Could it be one of the NR class 153s?

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service/gb-nr:Q47518/2024-08-07/detailed

Just to add, it returns to the RTC on 8th as 2Z02...

Edited by Davexoc
addition
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

So the traction from RTC turned out to be 37418 with 975025 Caroline.

Did anyone get any pics or see it?

It comes up on Flickr when 2Z01/2 is searched at both MK and Northampton....

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Davexoc said:

Did anyone get any pics or see it

I was driving south on the A5 dual carriageway approaching the Denbigh Hall bridge where the WCML crosses the A5, I saw a Class 37 and single coach but due to the position of the sun, I did not see the livery. Time was around 1120 last Tuesday, although I cannot be more specific than that. Never thought any more about it until I saw the above post!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 06/08/2024 at 22:39, Tony Teague said:

The latest EWR news update implied that they were now starting full testing of the line, & all related systems, so what you say might be plausible.

That is great news. I knew the tracks had been laid & have seen some red signals from the lineside, but had not assumed that all signals were in place & live. It is good to hear that they are doing testing.

I will be interested in a day out in Oxford when it opens, just to make use of the line. Maybe try a few pubs because I can't do that if I am driving home. 😁

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

That is great news. I knew the tracks had been laid & have seen some red signals from the lineside, but had not assumed that all signals were in place & live. It is good to hear that they are doing testing.

I will be interested in a day out in Oxford when it opens, just to make use of the line. Maybe try a few pubs because I can't do that if I am driving home. 😁

How do you mean "Maybe try a few pubs".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ray M said:

How do you mean "Maybe try a few pubs".

I live in Milton Keynes. Parking in Oxford stops me from going there, so I can't remember walking around the city centre.

If I am taking the train, I don't have to stay alcohol free like I would do if I was driving there.

An old city must surely have a few decent pubs which serve local beer?

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Pete the Elaner said:

I live in Milton Keynes. Parking in Oxford stops me from going there, so I can't remember walking around the city centre.

If I am taking the train, I don't have to stay alcohol free like I would do if I was driving there.

You're quite right, Oxford has some excellent watering holes. The Rose and Crown on North Parade is a hidden gem. 

Ed

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, South-East Rail said:

You're quite right, Oxford has some excellent watering holes. The Rose and Crown on North Parade is a hidden gem. 

Ed

Just watch old episodes of Inspector Morse and memorise the locations.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 3

On 13/08/2024 at 10:18, Pete the Elaner said:

There are plenty of park and rides and soon you can go by train  cant remember a local beer pubs are expensive in Oxford and full of visitors|

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 14/08/2024 at 20:15, lmsforever said:

There are plenty of park and rides and soon you can go by train  cant remember a local beer pubs are expensive in Oxford and full of visitors|

Hi

How do you get home from the park and ride then after drinking?

Cheers

Paul

• Like 4