Is This signal in the right position?

Hi Guys,

Just finished off building this signal for the Southeast Steam Railway:

post-7271-12620211502878_thumb.jpg

I drilled the hole and plonked the signal in (it isn't stuck down yet), but when I stepped back to look at it, I didn't look right, my dad things so to!

It is the signal controlling the departure of trains from the Goods yard reception road. It's on the drivers side, but it just doesn't look right!

Any help would be greatly recieved

Simon

If it applies to the line on which the G2 is standing then it's in the right position (but no visible trap point? blink.gif ). If it applies to any other line then it's in the wrong place.

I have an idea that you have got it right, well done biggrin.gif

Hi,

Yeah it does apply to the line the G2 is standing, we layed the track and ballasted the track before I relised it needed trap points, I'll make some cosmetic ones soon!

Does it look wrong to you?

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Yeah it does apply to the line the G2 is standing, we layed the track and ballasted the track before I relised it needed trap points, I'll make some cosmetic ones soon!

Does it look wrong to you?

Simon

Nope - looks quite ok to me in terms of signal placement (and once the base is disguised it will obviously look ok from a scenic viewpoint as well). If you wanted to be really picky you could move the signal about 10mm towards where the locos is standing but where it is looks perfectly ok (the move gives that little bit more elbow room for the trap point, no other reason).

The lack of traps always jars with me but that's my railway operating background slithering out and adding cosmetic ones would be a good idea, but it's your railway :D

• RMweb Gold

Nope - looks quite ok to me in terms of signal placement (and once the base is disguised it will obviously look ok from a scenic viewpoint as well). If you wanted to be really picky you could move the signal about 10mm towards where the locos is standing but where it is looks perfectly ok (the move gives that little bit more elbow room for the trap point, no other reason)

I agree with Stationmaster, apart from the lack of trap points, and possibly slightly positioning the signal back towards the loco, you've pretty much got it right.

• 11 months later...

Archived