Stephen Fay’s diorama builds. GCR Kirton Lindsey tunnel

steve fay

I went along to Check out the premises this morning in Griffithstown, I do know the place very well as I used to spend a lot of time there! The room is not as big as I would have liked but it's still big enough.

They've given me some rough costs but will confirm a definite cost at a later date. We wouldn't start until the new year now as I would have to become a member and I'm away for a few weeks late December to mid Jan.

We can get a double loop with 6 foot curves in, Severn tunnel east one side and probably Severn tunnel west the other. We could at a later date alter the one curve in to a scenic section as well. There would need to be a lift out section by the door to avoid having to duck under and the layout can be stored securely on site. They are also happy for us to go a little earlier to set up and stay a little longer to pack away so that the time the room is being rented is solely for playing trains!!

So all in all a very positive meeting. I will keep you posted on any developments over the next few months.

• Like 5

I've had the full set of pictures from Chris for the Model Rail article and I'm very pleased with them. I've also heard back from the venue regarding the model club and I'm happy to say it's all systems go. We won't start until the new year now as membership of the club renews in January.

The venue will be Panteg House in Griffithstown Pontypool.

I'll post more details up in due course.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...