Stephen Fay’s diorama builds. GCR Kirton Lindsey tunnel

steve fay

• RMweb Gold

Steve,

Very nice - how did you create the top rectangular section of the down pipes, and if you don't mind, what have you use for the pipes?

Rich

the gutter pots are castings I bought from Brian at Timber tracks. They were included in the southern engine shed kit I built a few months back.

I managed to get some extras from him at the Bristol show earlier this year.

The pipes are varying sizes from Wheelspin models. I'm going to order some thinner diameter pipes soon and replace the gutter down pipes.

The Severn Tunnel portal should be here in a few days. I aim to have the whole layout complete before the summer ends then it will be made available for Sale!!

The layout consists of two four foot square boards and would require a van for transportation.

post-5983-0-07611100-1467041560_thumb.jpegpost-5983-0-79913800-1467041582_thumb.jpeg

Today I've screwed the signal box base down and blended in some more sand, The box will be remove able for transportation. Whilst the board was back down I've taken the opportunity to add more scenic items along the small retaining wall.

This slice of the Great Western Main Line could be yours.

post-5983-0-07611100-1467041560_thumb.jpegpost-5983-0-79913800-1467041582_thumb.jpeg

Today I've screwed the signal box base down and blended in some more sand, The box will be remove able for transportation. Whilst the board was back down I've taken the opportunity to add more scenic items along the small retaining wall.

This slice of the Great Western Main Line could be yours.

• Like 6

post-5983-0-75720300-1467562802_thumb.jpegpost-5983-0-14457600-1467562825_thumb.jpeg

Adding more bushes from Model Scene. I really like these so much I've just ordered 2 more packs. The colour is great, very close to the grass colour which I wanted. These are Spring bushes.

I'm still hoping that the items I ordered from Polish firm Polak come into stock. I have a few months yet.

• Like 6

I made a start on the point rodding last night. Using the superb ModelU 3D printed bases and stools.

The rodding is .7mm wire.

I've had to remove some of the ballast which I've reinstated this morning. Next up will be painting. post-5983-0-66494300-1467808379_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

the original Channel Tunnel model had both terminals fully modelled in N gauge, and was displayed with an aquarium in between.  Photos from the IVA88 (Hamburg Transport Exhibition in 1988) somewhere....

It was impressive. 

There was a very nice young lady doing marketing for international freight for the tunnel.

Got a date

Still married after 21 years...

• Like 8