CoBo.pdf conversion

attachicon.gifCoBo.jpg

Full Moon and lying snow and it would show up fine.

Sorry guys been away most of the day...

I hope you guys 'got' my hard worked effort which I could not convert and probably got lost in the translation. It was supposed to depict a Co-Bo double header running through Dent at night with the Condor express that Mick has tried to get me to emulate.

The two white dots were the headcode marker lights, the lanterns the station lamps and the stars and quarter moon, well you get the gist!

• Like 1

Sorry guys been away most of the day...

I hope you guys 'got' my hard worked effort which I could not convert and probably got lost in the translation. It was supposed to depict a Co-Bo double header running through Dent at night with the Condor express that Mick has tried to get me to emulate.

The two white dots were the headcode marker lights, the lanterns the station lamps and the stars and quarter moon, well you get the gist!

We even deduced it was running south :boast:

Hi Mike and the Gang, just popped in to see if there were any new pics, obviously your busy playing Trains you lucky man.

Not long now for me, I recon another year and I'll be playing Trains as well.

Hi Andy,

I'll post a few pics later on mate, I've just had my tea! There are a few of things I'm working on (i.e. NOT playing trains) and I'll bang a couple of new gallery shots on just to keep you happy me ol' mate. Hahaha. The year ahead will fly by and Bitton will be in refurbishment mode by the end. Haha

Hi all,

I'm nothing if not true to my word! Here are some shots of latest activity...

First of all here is my latest major addition...

post-5296-0-53807900-1419798253_thumb.jpg

This is the 'Morley' Vortrack controller which I have simply replaced at present on the shelf under the control panel in place of the two track original. I can now operate the fiddleyard independently of the main should I or more 'we - on running nights' may do.

For analogue users I can honestly say its the most responsive controller I have ever used having had experience of the 2 track version with Bermuda Road.

Next a bit of additional elevation....

post-5296-0-74565900-1419798276_thumb.jpg

One of the trees I was preparing the other day being layered with 'Polyfiber' 

post-5296-0-10321000-1419798291_thumb.jpg

I apply the bottom sections then spray with the usual hairspray then add the foliage and spray again

post-5296-0-34001300-1419798303_thumb.jpg

I then work up the levels doing the same

post-5296-0-44881000-1419798329_thumb.jpg

Here the finished product is planted near the 'Gill'

A few shots now of the pick-up goods noticeable in the above on its duties

post-5296-0-40953600-1419798351_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-67767400-1419798373_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-55832100-1419798397_thumb.jpg

In between all this fun I was busy working on the 'Down' Outer Home...

post-5296-0-63183800-1419798408_thumb.jpg

I have cut back the length of the gantry to more in keeping with the real thing and added the signal arm plus a few minor mod's.

Edited for typo 

More to follow...

Edited by mike61680
  • Like 11

Continued....

post-5296-0-25605200-1419799422_thumb.jpg

WD 90445 heads a rake of 16T Mineral empties north and is held at the 'new' Outer Home

post-5296-0-33343500-1419799436_thumb.jpg

The WD and the 3F crews have time for a chat whilst the WD awaits its path north.

Another interlude to feature the now completed station building in its setting...

post-5296-0-61099900-1419799452_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-31092400-1419799468_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-18604100-1419799484_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-91830600-1419799498_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-51213700-1419799508_thumb.jpg

And lastly.... The other new addition to the fleet is now in active duty...

post-5296-0-74252100-1419799526_thumb.jpg

post-5296-0-15252400-1419799518_thumb.jpg

Co-Bo D5714 has been given a lightly loaded fitted freight as a running-in turn, the powers at control are keeping a watchful eye on its progress..... Its running very nice to be honest, the slow speed is wonderful, now I don't know if that is the loco' or the new controller?

Cheers guy's.

• Like 17

Hi all,

I'm nothing if not true to my word! Here are some shots of latest activity...

First of all here is my latest major addition...

attachicon.gif2014-12-27 14.44.18.jpg

This is the 'Morley' Vortrack controller which I have simply replaced at present on the shelf under the control panel in place of the two track original. I can now operate the fiddleyard independently of the main should I or more 'we - on running nights' may do.

For analogue users I can honestly say its the most responsive controller I have ever used having had experience of the 2 track version with Bermuda Road.

Next a bit of additional elevation....

attachicon.gif2021-12-21 09.48.09.jpg

One of the trees I was preparing the other day being layered with 'Polyfiber' 

attachicon.gif2021-12-21 09.56.52.jpg

I apply the bottom sections then spray with the usual hairspray then add the foliage and spray again

attachicon.gif2021-12-21 10.02.30.jpg

I then work up the levels doing the same

attachicon.gif2021-12-21 13.01.19.jpg

Here the finished product is planted near the 'Gill'

A few shots now of the pick-up goods noticeable in the above on its duties

attachicon.gif2021-12-21 13.02.16.jpg

attachicon.gif2021-12-21 13.02.39.jpg

attachicon.gif2021-12-21 13.03.03.jpg

In between all this fun I was busy working on the 'Down' Outer Home...

attachicon.gif2021-12-21 20.05.37.jpg

I have cut back the length of the gantry to more in keeping with the real thing and added the signal arm plus a few minor mod's.

Edited for typo 

More to follow...

Evening Mike, just a quick question for you, is the controller a feedback one? as a friend of mine runs on analog and he is really fussy on his running standards and noise of the Loco Motor, but finds some Locos like feedback and some hate it, so he has two controllers wired into his system and switches from one to the other depending on which Loco he is running.

Excellent work on the Tree and Signal, now that's real modelling mate.

Well done.

Evening Mike, just a quick question for you, is the controller a feedback one? as a friend of mine runs on analog and he is really fussy on his running standards and noise of the Loco Motor, but finds some Locos like feedback and some hate it, so he has two controllers wired into his system and switches from one to the other depending on which Loco he is running.

Excellent work on the Tree and Signal, now that's real modelling mate.

Well done.

Hi Andy,

Cheers mate. I will have a look at the instructions and let you know, I have not got a clue to be honest. On the question though; does a feedback controller cut the noise or increase the noise or is it completely down to individual loco's. Would be interested to know.

Hi Andy,

Cheers mate. I will have a look at the instructions and let you know, I have not got a clue to be honest. On the question though; does a feedback controller cut the noise or increase the noise or is it completely down to individual loco's. Would be interested to know.

Mike, as far as I know, some Locos make a buzzing noise when under Feedback control, and some run a little jerkily at very slow speed, and the reverse for others on none Feedback so a bit of a minefield. I have to say he is overly fussy, his layout is a small 13' sq and runs on Peco foam underlay as he doesn't like track noise.

I would think for a Layout like yours you would never know the difference as 99% of your trains will just be through running and very little shunting. Also you will have track noise by virtue of the ballasting and the long rakes running through as well making a noise.

I was just interested that's all, its certainly something I've never worried about and with DCC I find I get Motor buzz from Locos with Bachmann Chips, (even Bachmann locos where that chip No is recommended) and they also do a back EMF chip that is smoother but gives a lot of buzz in certain locos. My preferred chip is Hornby as that is slow, smooth and quiet in 99% of locos. Another good chip is the Gaugemaster DCC27 which is an 8/21 chip and is another nice one.

• RMweb Premium

Mike

We have similar controllers on an O gauge layout. They are good. However, we find the lack of a centre stop position on the unit mounted "knob" puzzling when there is centre "stop" on the hand-helds on the wander leads.

I like the signal. Is the frame around the red lens unpainted because the arm seems to narrow there which isn't a feature that I've seen before - but I'm not well travelled so I may have missed it?

I hope you don't mind me adding that I think that it is just an ordinary home signal, not an outer home. Outer home signals are the furthest from the box and are followed by an inner home(s) much closer to the box. The signal has no (inner or outer) prefix if is the only home signal.

All the best for the New Year to you and yours.

Superb shots as ever Mike, and you have been busy. That tree looked 'odd' at first when un-decorated but I must say that the finished article is very convincing! Not very well at the moment with some sort of nasty bug so I've struggled to catch up.

What is the next big project - the signal box? I can't now remember whether you said that you were going to scratch build or modify a kit? Somewhere in one of my boxes in the loft, I managed to make a fairly convincing G&SWR/LMS small box by overlaying what (I think) was the simple Airfix one, using card strips like weather boards etc. - in retrospect it would have been easier to start with my own card shell and utilise the latest etched windows available which weren't around forty years ago! Whatever you choose as the next project, I'm certain it will be carried out with your usual skill and I look forward to following progress.

I know we can rely on Andy to badger you into posting more images - HaHaHa!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 1

Mike, as far as I know, some Locos make a buzzing noise when under Feedback control, and some run a little jerkily at very slow speed, and the reverse for others on none Feedback so a bit of a minefield. I have to say he is overly fussy, his layout is a small 13' sq and runs on Peco foam underlay as he doesn't like track noise.

I would think for a Layout like yours you would never know the difference as 99% of your trains will just be through running and very little shunting. Also you will have track noise by virtue of the ballasting and the long rakes running through as well making a noise.

I was just interested that's all, its certainly something I've never worried about and with DCC I find I get Motor buzz from Locos with Bachmann Chips, (even Bachmann locos where that chip No is recommended) and they also do a back EMF chip that is smoother but gives a lot of buzz in certain locos. My preferred chip is Hornby as that is slow, smooth and quiet in 99% of locos. Another good chip is the Gaugemaster DCC27 which is an 8/21 chip and is another nice one.

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately there is no mention of feedback or not so I can't advise mate.

Hi Andy,

Unfortunately there is no mention of feedback or not so I can't advise mate.

It wont be then, so no worries. ENJOY. It would say; Back EMF on it, TBH they can be annoying with some Locos buzzing like crazy.

Normal control is as good on any Loco as it always was, another mate has an old H & M Duette and its fine on any Loco, even some Chip fitted ones.

Edited by Andrew P

Mike

We have similar controllers on an O gauge layout. They are good. However, we find the lack of a centre stop position on the unit mounted "knob" puzzling when there is centre "stop" on the hand-helds on the wander leads.

I like the signal. Is the frame around the red lens unpainted because the arm seems to narrow there which isn't a feature that I've seen before - but I'm not well travelled so I may have missed it?

I hope you don't mind me adding that I think that it is just an ordinary home signal, not an outer home. Outer home signals are the furthest from the box and are followed by an inner home(s) much closer to the box. The signal has no (inner or outer) prefix if is the only home signal.

Hi Ray,

Re: The controller. I am surprised the 'O' gauge version does not have a centre off. Bothe the 'OO' version do which is an important feature for me as I never got out of the 'H&M Duette' habit of 'left for left' and 'right for right' even after about ten years of using a Gaugemaster, I crashed all manner of trains for years!

Signal: Home signal it is then! Thanks Ray, I'll get to grips with this 'aspect' one day.....did you get that! My plan says its an HNC  so I presume its Home, Normal Contact. The preceding signal is indeed a distant and the next signal near the bridge is another home then its onto the Garsdale section.

Superb shots as ever Mike, and you have been busy. That tree looked 'odd' at first when un-decorated but I must say that the finished article is very convincing! Not very well at the moment with some sort of nasty bug so I've struggled to catch up.

What is the next big project - the signal box? I can't now remember whether you said that you were going to scratch build or modify a kit? Somewhere in one of my boxes in the loft, I managed to make a fairly convincing G&SWR/LMS small box by overlaying what (I think) was the simple Airfix one, using card strips like weather boards etc. - in retrospect it would have been easier to start with my own card shell and utilise the latest etched windows available which weren't around forty years ago! Whatever you choose as the next project, I'm certain it will be carried out with your usual skill and I look forward to following progress.

I know we can rely on Andy to badger you into posting more images - HaHaHa!

Kind regards,

Jock.

The next big project is indeed the signalbox which is a 'York Modelmaking' kit which I have opened and photographed then promptly stuffed it all back into the box! Hope you get over this virus your suffering soon mate.

• Like 1

Mike

Hi again Ray.

I forgot about the signal arm queery. Yes its a bit of the black paint which has scraped off but all will be well when finally assembled. Bothe the bracket signals are now soaking in a solution to clean the brass for painting, can't wait!

An Ivatt 2mt (in black) to be renumbered as a Skipton allocated example to work stopping passenger services?

Hi Jason,

Seasons greetings my man, only 361 shopping days etc...

Good effort, its the correct wheel arrangement but slightly more powerful. Oh! and its black also.

I have two 2MT's No. 46419 + 46440 I don't think they have traveresed the line as yet!

ANOTHER CO-BO Thingy :O

OR

A  66 in EWS :no:  :ireful:  :ireful: :ireful:  :ireful:  :ireful:  :keeporder:  

Andrew you are being silly again!

• Like 3