Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Wright writes.....

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 46444 said:

Thanks Tony,

Now you come to mention it, fuse wire at the ready for donning of wiggly pipes.

Watch this space.

Cheers,

Mark 

Did some one mention pipes ? 

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Jesse Sim said:

I disagree 

Low revving V2, not high power, just torque, I reckon it would be ideal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony Wright said:

Good afternoon Steve,

You're most-welcome to visit whenever is convenient. You always will be. 

I'd be horrified it Wright writes was not the place to find inspiration (not from me, but from all those who post). 

Maybe I'm to 'blame' because I encourage robust discussion. As is known, I'll stand my ground, while still respecting the work of others (even though we might not agree). I have little time, however, for the thoughts of some others, when we see nothing they've made themselves. What many show is inspirational, making Wright writes what it is. 

Speaking of inspirational - take heart in what you've shown us in the past.....................

All in N Gauge. 

Kindest regards,

Tony. 

Thank you for the kind words Tony.

I think that "robust discussion" is fine and I actually enjoy debating. However, my personal view is that a certain level of decorum should be maintained which I think might have slipped with some comments posted by others. I don't see how you could be to blame for this at all.

I do think that, as a race, we can be too quick to focus on things we disagree on and too slow to recognise on what we do agree at times (a natural instinct?). I think it is also very easy to forget that, on a social media/public forums, many different people may read the thread (and possibility never comment) and form opinions based on how all users purport themselves. 

While I made reference to my health previously, this was in an attempt (I don't know how successfully) to link up my own journey and present point of view. My present health, while still far from perfect, is the best it has been in some years - other than the beforementioned lack of modelling mojo.

Edited by Atso
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Tony Wright said:

Just in for photography................

HornbyRailroadGrandCentralHST02.jpg.3b0e8fd548834b199b1346cf5f025eb5.jpg

Hornby's latest Railroad Grand Central HST..............

The prototypes of which used to fizz through Little Bytham just a few years ago.

Well there's a couple of fictional models if ever there was - where's the front buffers? 🤣

• Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Tony Wright said:

I can't find them in the box!

Regards,

Tony. 

Even if you did, there'd be nowhere to fit them!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, Tony Wright said:

Just to prove that it was my fault that the cab on the recent Heljan O2/4 was leaning back.................

HeljansO246394512modified.jpg.cf70b109947ed98bb3aa1eff91a21880.jpg

Now on straight (though I'll have to alter the return crank's angle on this side). 

HeljansO246394513modified.jpg.65a5be2878ced774a2f3d5451446a7cd.jpg

Certainly better with regards to the cab.

I think this model is certainly worth taking further. I'll report accordingly.

I love this model, it's a cracking bit of kit especially with the LNER liveries now available - that black & lined version is 👌
Been trying to think of a reason to be able to crowbar one onto my early 30's, LD&ECR layout but sadly have been unsuccessful! 😂  

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Izzy said:

Kodachrome has an inherently strong magenta cast. I was told by my late father-in-law who worked for Kodak at the time it first arrived and tested it before general release that it was down to it’s unique chemistry, normal slide films being of course E-6, which it isn’t. This is at times quite noticeable in the slower ISO’s, 25 & 64, and more muted in the 200. I’m sure it could be reproduced either in camera in some cases, or in post processing in such as Photoshop. 

Bob

Its the later varieties of Kodachrome that have the magenta cast, which is why I prefer Fuji Provia to them, whereas early Kodachrome and Kodachrome 2 (and to a lesser extent Kodachrome X), despite being a bit of a pain to expose, is the closest I've seen to a perfect duplication of the real world in a photograph.  Digital has a lot missing and usually has a green cast (like new Ektachrome), but when I try to correct it, I cant ever really get it to match reality, but I'll settle for Provia, as it is a really close second to early Kodachrome (it does have a slight purple cast sometimes).  Fuji Velvia was aimed at people to capture the look of later Kodachrome, which is why its over saturated and high contrast, but its warmer, rather than magenta in cast.

Edited by 1471SirFrederickBanbury
velvia is warmer, not greener, oops.
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Jesse Sim said:

I prefer Harley Davidson’s, I ride and own a Harley Davidson, I don’t turn my nose up at someone who prefers sports bikes because they’re quicker, corner better and are far less expensive… that’s their personal preference. I would rather be slower, louder and have my testicles bounce around at traffic lights. 

Interesting Jesse - when I got onto bikes three decades ago (and have lapsed for far too long) - riders always acknowledged each other with a "nod", but non-Harley riders rarely got a nod back from Harley riders.  In the UK the latter really saw themselves as a different breed.

I think (hope) things have changed a bit now - a Harley or an MV Agusta rider round here is just as likely to work for the same merchant bank.......

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Northmoor said:

Interesting Jesse - when I got onto bikes three decades ago (and have lapsed for far too long) - riders always acknowledged each other with a "nod", but non-Harley riders rarely got a nod back from Harley riders.  In the UK the latter really saw themselves as a different breed.

I think (hope) things have changed a bit now - a Harley or an MV Agusta rider round here is just as likely to work for the same merchant bank.......

I've knocked around with Harley riders since I started riding which is getting on for over 40yrs now ( crikey ! ). Those riders  I do know have ridden Harleys for years and in all weathers and distances. The ignorant ones are generally those who go for the corporate look and have matching Harley everything, wheeling the bikes out for the dry weather in order to make their fashion statement. 

I've never owned one, ridden a few ( including a memorable run on a metallic pink iron head Sportster !! ) and have stuck with Triumph, in fact the same one for 24yrs now.  The nod seems to have become a rarity these days. I tend to do the continental thing of extending the right leg which is reciprocated now and again or simply a cool wave. 

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Atso said:

Thank you for the kind words Tony.

I think that "robust discussion" is fine and I actually enjoy debating. However, my personal view is that a certain level of decorum should be maintained which I think might have slipped with some comments posted by others. I don't see how you could be to blame for this at all.

I do think that, as a race, we can be too quick to focus on things we disagree on and too slow to recognise on what we do agree at times (a natural instinct?). I think it is also very easy to forget that, on a social media/public forums, many different people may read the thread (and possibility never comment) and form opinions based on how all users purport themselves. 

While I made reference to my health previously, this was in an attempt (I don't know how successfully) to link up my own journey and present point of view. My present health, while still far from perfect, is the best it has been in some years - other than the beforementioned lack of modelling mojo.

Good morning Steve,

When your modelling is to this standard..............

AtsoCadC1.jpg.2d54f12c869bf4e8d3c1b5d0015fe543.jpg

Your modelling mojo will soon return!

Beautiful work in N Gauge. 

Best regards,

Tony. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony Wright said:

Good morning,

'Modelling that is both authentic and realistic is rare and to be treasured.'

Indeed!

82G03.jpg.e8f002c53ee2ebf3f2dd82c5d3eacd14.jpg

60006onDownTalisman.jpg.092b84b66e4cfcf8fbe05fafd04426dd.jpg

ArunQuay02.jpg.63b819b03e281686d02a6e3a670d7bfe.jpg

Buckingham14.jpg.91fa759ed46a300424e0a9d98cd2a9da.jpg

Camp9305.jpg.60267d7a6e9fde594a67bb45905da78d.jpg

DentDale.jpg.28571047518c7775421fee6c48cdd90e.jpg

GrindleyBrook04.jpg.9272d68b21407e2ef961cf395a51c5e6.jpg

HollowBeck09.jpg.ab21dcdb78f611593b429e81ee043fc5.jpg

IanWilson082.jpg.740da260f69905a3bc784e4e00e7531d.jpg

LittleColneW1B.jpg.f78ff720df444d80dc51d1a39dd168f6.jpg

OakhurstTown06B.jpg.75912839aafcd3158f9553b00bac77d6.jpg

Shap14.jpg.75bf4c11b03e8e83ffa914244ebe24ff.jpg

SouthPelaw20.jpg.f184fcf279c310361ebd3fa3f8360213.jpg

TerryYeendWestern02.jpg.044b1d843e1fdf6a8683c5e46f0f88bc.jpg

Trowbridge26.jpg.c51392e7023c3d88bc6bc9391b6343ac.jpg

Regards,

Tony. 

Yes - but while all of those images are, in my opinion, realistic, they aren't all authentic as some are models of fictitious locations!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, St Enodoc said:

Yes - but while all of those images are, in my opinion, realistic, they aren't all authentic as some are models of fictitious locations!

I'm puzzled. 

So the only 'authentic' layouts are based on actual prototypes? 

I'll say no more........... For the time being.

Regards,

Tony. 

Edited by Tony Wright
to add something
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 1