Lima class 73

http://www.kato-unitrack.co.uk/a1-models-class-73-parts-19244-0.html

Out of stock and no photos, but the list of parts is listed at the link above. No association with MG Sharp other than having ordered from them a few times.

Some of the A1 etched parts are dated; the Class 73 etches are fine. I have a couple of A7301 sets that were purchased for a non-Class 73 project. They aren't up to the latest Shawplan standard, but they were quite acceptable for my purposes...

Well after much looking about and much head scratching i have decided to build a heinz 57 type class 73 ,I am going to use parts that i am buying .Like laser glazing and etched bits and bobs and i found the old motor chassis from an old Heljan diesel so i am butchering that to power the 73 :-) A right mish mash but i don't care it is cheap and gives me practice and fun and lightens my spares box :-) I will let you know how i go on and post pics soon :-)

All I need to source now is some horns :-)

Replica Railways do a 'dress up' kit for their MLV (still waiting for its release!) which have the best horns I've tried, I have tried white metal (variable) turned brass from Markits, which I soldered to a scrap of etched brass which defied being glued to the Lima plastic, for me the RR horns are brilliant just a couple of drilled holes and some solvent - problem solved.

Cheers

I've used some horns which came either from a Bachmann Deltic or a Bachmann 37.

And remember, Lima got them back to front, so you'll need to put the long one on the drivers side!!

If you want you can see some photos of my 73 here: post #120 http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/51787-a-class-73-in-p4-for-st-mary-hoo/page__st__100__gopid__812668

That's looking very nice.

I noticed you changed the handrails on yours. I thought the moulded ones were nicly done so I didn't botther.

One thing I notice on yours, wouldn't you have been better off passing the headlight wires under the cabs? (And you've just given me the idea to add inside cab lights to mine!)

Looking forward to seeing it finished :)

• 1 month later...

Archived