Hattons Model Railways of Widnes (formerly Liverpool).

tractor_37260

If you read the thread and have seen their posts they have acquired the stock from another retailer who always keeps older models in stock at high prices

Wish they had acquired some EMT/Grand Central/Cross Country/GNER HST sets as all of these are impossible to find in new condition now. Seem to have almost every other obsolete general release except these.

Edited by bart2day

Lol what a joker :jester:

Ok should have put in this disclaimer since it's RMWEB;

'Do not shop at Olivia's no matter how desperate I am and will ignore and move on with my eternal search for the item I want whilst still avoiding Olivia's due to their high prices and apparently bad customer service thus please do not remind me that Olivia's has the product I want because eventually I will find it at a price I'm willing to pay'.

Ok he's had his fun so everyone move along, nothing to see here...

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Premium

I am utterly amazed at the volume and value of what has been released for sale on the Hatton's website.  How a business could hold that value of stock for so long without an effect to business is amazing! Cash is king and you price to the market that you are winning from sometimes taking a hit on profit to bring turnover through the door - I may be wide of the mark here, but it looks like that is what has happened. Margins are tight with little turnover of stock... Tohave over ten of everything including items such at the MML HST which was a slow seller when released is quite interesting.

It's good for the hobby if people want a second pop at RRP...

Indeed. If you assume only ten items of each item in stock, a rough estimate is a quarter of a million pounds worth, at the asking prices. That will be quite a cash injection for somebody’s business... even at the transfer prices Hattons will have negotiated.

Indeed. If you assume only ten items of each item in stock, a rough estimate is a quarter of a million pounds worth, at the asking prices. That will be quite a cash injection for somebody’s business... even at the transfer prices Hattons will have negotiated.

£800k retail value of stock apparently. All from the previous owner’s house and his missus was demanding it got shifted.

• Like 1

Was going to make a joke that being green they predate DCC, but it does seem like a strange sale, clearly marked not compatible and the usual upgrades to chipped and Olivia's sound are missing, awfully cheap too.

Notice they have 5301 the same but 5300 at £95 which is DCC ready.

Probably a typo though and maybe they have to select DCC ready in order for it to show the DCC price options

Edited by woodenhead

If so easy, why aren't Hattons offering their fitting service which would help those who maybe would be nervous of moving the PCB - I've seen the Hattons video, the DCC fitter knows how to handle a soldering iron so I am sure be can also handle tape.

• RMweb Premium

If so easy, why aren't Hattons offering their fitting service which would help those who maybe would be nervous of moving the PCB - I've seen the Hattons video, the DCC fitter knows how to handle a soldering iron so I am sure be can also handle tape.

It may well be easy but could invalidate the terms of Hatton's guarantee.  It might also be considered a "quick fix" of a known manufacturing fault and therefore not one a large and reputable retail distributor wishes to undertake just in case there is any comeback or the "fix" doesn't fix the problem in every case.

• Like 1

I don't get how Hatton's got hold of 11 Hornby Colas 56's (both versions combined) when they were long sold out via model shops, seriously I had searched last year for them and didn't find a single one and now there is 5 of R3265 & 6 of R3291XS just out of nowhere...just don't get it and how whoever provided them didn't sell them previously???

They seem to have the R3291 (but without sound) in stock today, if anyone wants one.

I don't get how Hatton's got hold of 11 Hornby Colas 56's (both versions combined) when they were long sold out via model shops, seriously I had searched last year for them and didn't find a single one and now there is 5 of R3265 & 6 of R3291XS just out of nowhere...just don't get it and how whoever provided them didn't sell them previously???

Their Hornby Class 67 prices are all over the shop, some decent and some over priced considering the amount of stock they have, wouldn't mind 67016 but not paying £130 for it.

According to a recent newsletter I got from Hatton's, they had purchased a large amount (perhaps all ?) the stock of another retailer, that's likely where the above locos came from,  L/L 47 436 was one of these, which again is now hard to find new. 

According to a recent newsletter I got from Hatton's, they had purchased a large amount (perhaps all ?) the stock of another retailer, that's likely where the above locos came from,  L/L 47 436 was one of these, which again is now hard to find new. 

This has been done to death i'd say. It was Olivia's Trains where all the stuff came from and they've not shut up shop. 47436 can be found easily new still with a quick google