The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Unconventional toilet rolls are rolls for unconventional toilets, of course.  Much the same thing as organic tomatoes (where can I find the non-organic ones, please), new potatoes (did you think I wanted secondhand ones), and sweet-cured bacon (don't care how it was cured, if it's been ill I'm not eating it, and that's that!).

We had Izal at home!  This meant that my mother conciously chose to buy it, evidence of child abuse that would probably nowadays have seen me taken into care.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

An alternative to the cat or Izal!

So I was at the store earlier with my service dog. The lady in front of me at checkout had about $200 worth of toilet paper in her shopping cart.

With an attitude she asked me what type of dog I had.

I told her it was my service dog.

Then she got real snarky and said, "I knew that. What type of service?"

I said he was a BLD. By now he was licking her face and hands being super friendly.

She said, "what is a BLD?"

I told her it stood for Butt Licking Dog.

She said "Butt Licking Dog?"

I said, "yeah, he has been trained to lick my butt clean because I can't seem to be able to find toilet paper because of hoarders."

The cashier completely lost it.

• Round of applause 2
  • Funny 17

• RMweb Premium

Embarrassing Posts Shared By Clueless Americans.

A selection of stupidity, ignorance and arrogance  .

Feel free to ignore this if you may feel offended .    👍

And I do appreciate that this does not apply to all Americans as

I have some good friends over there who certainly could never fall

into this category .

• Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Embarrassing Posts Shared By Clueless Americans.

A selection of stupidity, ignorance and arrogance  .

Feel free to ignore this if you may feel offended .    👍

And I do appreciate that this does not apply to all Americans as

I have some good friends over there who certainly could never fall

into this category .

I kept thinking that no one can be that stupid, then again who did they vote for as President in 2016? (Thought I'd better clarify with 'in 2016'!).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, kevinlms said:

I kept thinking that no one can be that stupid, then again who did they vote for as President in 2016? (Thought I'd better clarify with 'in 2016'!).

Just think of the alternative!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
18 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Unconventional toilet rolls are rolls for unconventional toilets, of course.  Much the same thing as organic tomatoes (where can I find the non-organic ones, please), new potatoes (did you think I wanted secondhand ones), and sweet-cured bacon (don't care how it was cured, if it's been ill I'm not eating it, and that's that!).

We had Izal at home!  This meant that my mother conciously chose to buy it, evidence of child abuse that would probably nowadays have seen me taken into care.

Rather in the same way as Organo-phosphates, a product of the organic chemical industry, if used, will get your organic farm disqualified.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Cowley 47521 said:

C63256E6-9FB4-47EC-8B55-5A878EB8CC8B.jpeg.6b651794f745a30f5cdcbba0933d51e7.jpeg

Things we can't do:

-Get no satisfaction

-stand the rain

-stop loving you

-stand losing, I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing, I can't, I can't, I can't stand losing you.

• Like 3
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
On 16/06/2022 at 22:53, billbedford said:

For most young folk - Izal.

On 16/06/2022 at 23:06, PaulRhB said:

That’s more an unconventional weapon and probably banned under the Geneva Convention these days! 😆

On 17/06/2022 at 02:54, The Johnster said:

I've still got a roll somewhere.  No idea why my parents bought the stuff, other than that it was advertised as "medicated" and that the alternatives might be cut up newspaper or "soft" toilet paper that was more like blotting paper...

As a child, I think we were convinced that the main uses for the stuff were as tracing paper or for comb kazoos!

I also don't remember which side was to be used for wiping, the glossy or the plain...

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

As a child, I think we were convinced that the main uses for the stuff were as tracing paper or for comb kazoos!

I also don't remember which side was to be used for wiping, the glossy or the plain...

As long as it's not the side you're planning to use with a kazoo you should be reasonably OK👍

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

The Asda grocery website is a PITA but this next is a funny

Listed to buy is this:

2091150803_PlantzProteinz.jpg.31c553fcb118c44dfb554d8ab239a900.jpg1375780342_PlantzProteinz1.jpg.8db0505544fa79b6d164dfaddbb5b57a.jpg

However this is supposed to be a vegan item, so what's with the Chorizo?

It should be this:

61BA1XzP9KL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Further searching reveals that the picture is in fact of something they don't even sell!😄

The web site gets worse by the week.☹️

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

As long as it's not the side you're planning to use with a kazoo you should be reasonably OK👍

You almost put me off my lunch....

16 minutes ago, melmerby said:

The Asda grocery website is a PITA but this next is a funny

Listed to buy is this:

2091150803_PlantzProteinz.jpg.31c553fcb118c44dfb554d8ab239a900.jpg1375780342_PlantzProteinz1.jpg.8db0505544fa79b6d164dfaddbb5b57a.jpg

However this is supposed to be a vegan item, so what's with the Chorizo?

It should be this:

61BA1XzP9KL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Further searching reveals that the picture is in fact of something they don't even sell!😄

The web site gets worse by the week.☹️

Can't people get a fresh sweet pepper, a small can of sweetcorn, a can of kidney beans, a can of chopped tomatoes and some suitable spices and make their own?  It shouldn't cost much more than one of those poxy "pouches"  Anything over immediate requirements could be frozen for next time and the bottles of spices won't go off either.  Ready in 90 seconds?  Ugh!

They're going to have to buy wraps and greenery separately anyhow!

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

You almost put me off my lunch....

Can't people get a fresh sweet pepper, a small can of sweetcorn, a can of kidney beans, a can of chopped tomatoes and some suitable spices and make their own?  It shouldn't cost much more than one of those poxy "pouches"  Anything over immediate requirements could be frozen for next time and the bottles of spices won't go off either.  Ready in 90 seconds?  Ugh!

They're going to have to buy wraps and greenery separately anyhow!

I was looking for Mexican sauces/seasonings.👍

As to ingredients which sort of beans? I already have Red Kidney, Borlotto & Pinto as well as Frozen Corn, Tinned tomatoes, Jalapeños (Red & Green), Fajita seasoning, frozen hot chilis (red & green from greenhouse). The wraps are in the freezer.

This year's sweet peppers (in the greenhouse) are only about 30mm across, so I would need to buy those.🙁

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, melmerby said:

As to ingredients which sort of beans? I already have Red Kidney, Borlotto & Pinto as well as Frozen Corn, Tinned tomatoes, Jalapeños (Red & Green), Fajita seasoning, frozen hot chilis (red & green from greenhouse). The wraps are in the freezer.

This year's sweet peppers (in the greenhouse) are only about 30mm across, so I would need to buy those

Going by the TV adverts its too much fuss to find a recipe and shop for raw ingredients, let alone think of what is in what you want to have and just busk it. You've either got to get the above ready-made sludge pouch or get a box of "fresh" ingredients couriered to you.

31 minutes ago, Nick C said:

No need to buy wraps either, they're so easy to make! Flour, water and a splash of oil...

You know, I never really thought of that!  Sort of pancakes without eggs and milk?  Simples!

And after you've finished you have food without all the additives and preservatives that end up in ready-made meals.

CFRF!

Campaign

For

Real

Food

Its enough to raise a wry grin, if not a smile....

Edited by Hroth
A little bit more...
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1