The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

1 hour ago, Rugd1022 said:

CASTROL R FB_IMG_1609600369826.jpg

I remember some of the fine scents that one could be embrocated with during the course of ones employment. Such as:-

Arôme Swarfega.

Eau de Cutting Fluid.

Essence of WD-40.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, stewartingram said:

My own Rover seems to get just as filthy in the winter Fens weather!

Stewart

beet picking round you too..

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, rocor said:

I remember some of the fine scents that one could be embrocated with during the course of ones employment. Such as:-

Arôme Swarfega.

Eau de Cutting Fluid.

Essence of WD-40.

Me Too :D

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

All it needs is a incomprehensible tv advert and it'll be  a great success. For the backing track I would suggest the Who's "Eminence Front".

Don't forget to include lots of adjectives in the description. Judging by M&S adverts, each extra adjective increases the cost by 10%...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Don't forget to include lots of adjectives in the description. Judging by M&S adverts, each extra adjective increases the cost by 10%...

Raised in traditional concentration camp tradition and carefully disjointed while still living by psychopathic prisoners, then lovingly hand strangled by trained KGB assassins, presented on a bed of fresh organically grown cress from a third world nation that cannot afford to waste the water to grow it, folded symmetrically into multiseed bread baked by starving refugees and vegan butter; this is not just a chicken sandwhich, this is an M & S chicken sandwhich...

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold
On 05/01/2021 at 16:07, The Johnster said:

multiseed bread baked by starving refugees and vegan butter

I'm sorry, this is one of my pet hates. I can see how the starving refugees can bake the multiseed bread, but I'm at a loss to see how the vegan butter can bake it also.

Edited by Budgie
typo
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, Budgie said:

I'm sorry, this is one of my pet hates. I can see how the staring refugees can bake the multiseed bread, but I'm at a loss to see how the vegan butter can bake it also.

I can't see how the refugees bake it by staring at it though? Normally you need an oven.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, 37114 said:

I can't see how the refugees bake it by staring at it though? Normally you need an oven.

Haha! That's another of my pet hates: a typo. I've corrected it on my original now. Shame I can't correct it in your quote of what I wrote, so it will have to stay there for everyone else to laugh at me. Ah, well!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3