The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Things that make you :)

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, great central said:

A couple of, what I think are, slightly amusing vehicle registration numbers seen recently. It's surprising how much can be spelled out using the new format.

No pictures I'm afraid as I was driving at the time.

First up, SH02ELL on a white Fiat. Hope it doesn't describe the state of the driver when in motion:diablo_mini:

Then BE11 LND, with a couple of strategically located black screws it can maybe describe the driving? On a black VW I think.:rtfm:

Seen earlier this evening DO51 BEN on a white Merc possibly:sarcastichand:

The best I remember seeing was about 15 years ago in Southampton - P145TER on a plasterer's van

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

I was looking something up on Quora, and I came upon this sentence:

Here is a link to the Hawaiian Volcanoes Observatory, they would measure lava temperatures, but they may not be responding to inquiries since the Government has been shut down because the President has a fragile ego and is throwing a temper tantrum because he wants to be remembered for a great wall. Alternatively, perhaps he is thinking of being interred in this wall like the Pharohs were interred in the Pyramids.

• Like 3
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, melmerby said:

Just been searching for some bottled beer on Asda's online app.

Not quite sure what this is supposed to be suggesting:

fairy.JPG.fbf2f39be4730378b76bda6d2ba66172.JPG

Perhaps they are thinking you might want to wash up the glasses after you have recovered from your bacchanalian 0rgy.

Edited by Budgie
The editor doesn't like o-r-g-y. How childish.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Budgie said:

I was looking something up on Quora, and I came upon this sentence:

Here is a link to the Hawaiian Volcanoes Observatory, they would measure lava temperatures, but they may not be responding to inquiries since the Government has been shut down because the President has a fragile ego and is throwing a temper tantrum because he wants to be remembered for a great wall. Alternatively, perhaps he is thinking of being interred in this wall like the Pharohs were interred in the Pyramids.

Noooo!!!!.....  Where's the "PLEEEZE"!! Icon when you need it.....

Julian

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Budgie said:

Perhaps they are thinking you might want to wash up the glasses after you have recovered from your bacchanalian 0rgy.

Anyone who can use the word "Bacchanalian" on a model railway forum gets my respect!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, melmerby said:

Just been searching for some bottled beer on Asda's online app.

Not quite sure what this is supposed to be suggesting:

fairy.JPG.fbf2f39be4730378b76bda6d2ba66172.JPG

TBH I'm surprised that Brasso wasn't one of the items....

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

They realise that with all that beer you are probably relaxing after ballasting and so may need some more washing up liquid to help the diluted PVA flow...

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1